Can we see if the INET framework can be interfaced with Python ?

Amirhossein amir hossein

Oct 28, 2014, 11:01:35 AM10/28/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I want to modify AODV protocol. The idea is I want AODV to take different routing decisions.
I have designed my own protocol based on AODV in python. It uses game-theory to find the best rout in terms of security and energy consumption and shortest path. My question is that can I build an agent in python to take routing decision and then continues in OMNET with the routing.
Can we see if the INET framework can be interfaced with Python ?

Regards,

Rudolf Hornig

Oct 30, 2014, 7:24:23 AM10/30/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
As long as you can interface the pythin code from C++, yes. OMNeT++ kernel is nothing else than just a C++ library. As long as the Python code does not need to access the OMNET++ API is should be a fairly easy task. I guess this is the case as you have already implemented the code in python without the OMNeT++ API.

I strongly suggest to take a look at the integration branch (that will becom INET 3.0). A lot of work went into the routing infrastructure and some of my colleagues implemented AODV/DYMO from scratch using it.

We are right now preparing a development snapshot (2.99.0)
Rudolf

serap bakioglu

Jun 19, 2017, 6:28:25 AM6/19/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello;
I saw your post and wonder.
I am interested in game theory in network too.
Did you do applications in OMNeT++?