endtoend delay recording in aodv

Sh Asaadi

May 19, 2014, 3:11:47 AM5/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Hi,
I have modified the aodv code, and also the configuration file. I set the simulation time to 25s and start time to 1s, and use udpbasicburst.
I also added **.endToEndDelay.scalar-recording = true.

but after simulation the endtoend delay is 0, and no statistic is recorded.

could you please guide me in recording end to end delay?
thanks in advance.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 19, 2014, 3:47:13 AM5/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Probably, no packet has arrived to the destination

Shima Asaadi

May 19, 2014, 4:08:38 AM5/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I checked this, but i see that packets arrive to destination...

Best Regards,
Shima Asaadi,
Tehran Polytechnic, Iran

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 19, 2014, 10:53:09 AM5/19/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Strange, the sca file should have information about the number of packets that that have been arrived.

Shima Asaadi

May 21, 2014, 5:47:49 AM5/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alfonso I have a question.
Is the endtoend delay recorded when the first rreq reaches the destination? or when the first rrep reaches the source?
and if there is an active route from an intermediate node to the destination, does it record endtoend delay also??
Thank you in advance.

Shima Asaadi

May 21, 2014, 7:15:45 AM5/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Could you please tell me which function or statement computes this end to end delay statistic and records in scalars or vetors?
Thank you.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 21, 2014, 11:55:45 AM5/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The end to end value is recorded like histogram in the scalar file

Shima Asaadi

May 22, 2014, 12:26:03 PM5/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.
Can be the delivery ratio recorded, like delay in statistic??

Shima Asaadi

May 22, 2014, 12:28:59 PM5/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Can be the delivery ratio recorded, like delay in statistic??

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

May 22, 2014, 2:04:57 PM5/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

It is recorded the number pa packet send and received

PDR = received/send

ahmad traboulsi

Mar 27, 2015, 11:32:43 AM3/27/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Hello,
Im doing a project on a variant on aodv. I am new to omnetpp and inet  I was wondering if its possible to explain how do you get the udpbasicburst integrated to the aodv example . Plus did you modify the  the aodv code in the src? I need to use additional metrics to aodv such as battery level to be considered in the routing protocol have you done something similar ?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 5, 2015, 6:52:36 AM4/5/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
see the examples, how you can modify the source type,

**.udpApp[*].typename = "UDPBasicBurst"

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:32:43 -0700
From: spart...@googlemail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
CC: aari...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Omnetpp-l] endtoend delay recording in aodv
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OMNeT++ Users" group.

Ibrahim Khan

Jul 15, 2015, 2:25:50 AM7/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Asalam o alaikum ALfanso!

I have recorded endtoEndDelay **.endToEndDelay.scalar-recording = true. But i cannot see end to end delay in the scalar file. What will be the name of that parameter in results.

Thanks