How to uninstall OMNET version to install another one?

Anwar Mirza

Jan 12, 2018, 3:11:43 AM1/12/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I am trying to install MIXIM with INET3.6.3 in OMNET++ 5.2.1(windows). but found errors while building MIXIM. I came to know that using INET and MIXIM together is not compatible with OMNET 5.2.1. So I have to install 4.x version. Could anyone guide me to do this OR to have two version in parallel? I need this to implement my BAN code. For this WSN example in MIXIM can help me.

Need your expert guide, please.

Michael Kirsche

Jan 12, 2018, 8:48:04 AM1/12/18
to OMNeT++ Users
OMNeT under both Linux and Windows is self-contained inside a folder.
Simply decompress the installation files of another OMNeT version in another folder (other versions have other release numbers so nothing to change there) and then (for Windows) execute the mingwenv.cmd from the respective version you want to use, go through the installation process and voila. For Linux, you just have to adjust the $PATH variable to include the respective OMNeT++ directory that you want to use.
Nothing more to it...

Anwar Mirza

Jan 12, 2018, 8:59:07 AM1/12/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Michael,
Thank you for your reply. I have already tried this before posting. I have installed OMNET++ 5.2.1. Now I extracted OMNET++4.6 in another folder. When I open mingwenv file, it redirects me to the folder where 5.2.1 is installed but do not open the mingwenv.

Michael Kirsche

Jan 12, 2018, 9:26:08 AM1/12/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I do not know what you are doing wrong. I have like 6 different OMNeT versions extracted in different directories. To start one, I open the mingwenv.cmd file of the respective OMNeT installation from the Windows explorer and then continue there to either install/build OMNeT++ or to start it (via omnetpp). Redirections to another folder is the first I've ever heard of... did you define the $HOME variable in your Windows installation or added the path to a specific OMNeT version (5.2.1 in your case) to the PATH variable of Windows??