Veins-LTE heterogeneous example

316 переглядів
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Echo

не прочитано,
30 січ. 2016 р., 20:26:4230.01.16
Кому: OMNeT++ Users
Hello to everyone :)

Currently, I am working with omnet++, sumo and veins-lte heterogeneous example.

I have 2 questions:

1.I am tracing the packets sent via dsrc and actually I can realize that when one of the nodes sends a packet all of the others are receiving it. I know that 802.11p is by nature broadcast, but according to the standard its range is just 300m. On this example the message is received even by the nodes on the other street. Can someone explain why is it like that?

2. For all of the 11p parameters under .ini file it says that are unused. Ex. nic80211p.phy80211p.sensitivity = -89dBm - unused entry. Is the 1st question maybe cause of the fact that the simulator is not recognizing the sensitivity, tx power, etc? How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Daniel Febrian Sengkey

не прочитано,
30 січ. 2016 р., 21:47:1130.01.16
Кому: omn...@googlegroups.com

Hai Echo,

> 1.I am tracing the packets sent via dsrc and actually I can realize that when one of the nodes sends a packet all of the others are receiving it. I know that 802.11p is by nature broadcast, but according to the standard its range is just 300m. On this example the message is received even by the nodes on the other street. Can someone explain why is it like that?

It seems the message received by all nodes in simulation GUI. However, it is the 'decider' that holds responsibility to decide the power, range limitation, etc.

> 2. For all of the 11p parameters under .ini file it says that are unused. Ex. nic80211p.phy80211p.sensitivity = -89dBm - unused entry. Is the 1st question maybe cause of the fact that the simulator is not recognizing the sensitivity, tx power, etc? How can I fix this?

The IDE sees it as unused because the node will be dynamically created when the simulation started.

Hope my response will serve you well.

Regards,
Daniel

Echo

не прочитано,
30 січ. 2016 р., 22:39:5830.01.16
Кому: OMNeT++ Users
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response.

I got your point. But, I am tracking the sent and received DSRC messages using a cout command from the ExampleDecisionMaker.cc nested in the sendDSRCmessage function for sent messages, and the normal console output for received messages by the nodes. I can notice that for example when a node from one side of the playground sends dsrc message, another node on the opposite side of the playground is able to receive it. The console output for received messages is implemented at the application layer in the SimpleApp.cc file, so it means the message has passed through the decider. :\ What do you think about that? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Florian Hagenauer

не прочитано,
31 січ. 2016 р., 05:03:0931.01.16
Кому: omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

what is the distance of these nodes in your simulation?

Best,
Florian
> --

Florian Hagenauer MSc

University of Paderborn
Department of Computer Science Raum: F1 319
Fürstenallee 11 Email: hage...@ccs-labs.org
33102 Paderborn, Germany Web: http://ccs-labs.org/~hagenauer/

Echo

не прочитано,
31 січ. 2016 р., 10:42:0031.01.16
Кому: omn...@googlegroups.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
Hello Florian,

Thank you for the response.
The playground size of the map is 20km x 20km. Roughly, the most far nodes are separated by 14km distance. So far, it is the default heterogeneous example. I havent changed anything.

Refgards,

Echo

не прочитано,
2 лют. 2016 р., 17:34:2802.02.16
Кому: OMNeT++ Users, hage...@ccs-labs.org
Update:
Seems like i found something interesting. As I mentioned earlier, if you consider the playground size which is 20km x 20km then it doesnt make sense the all of the nodes on the map to receive and decide to accept the message. However, I tried to trace the coordinates of the most far nodes that send and receive messages. When you calculate the distance between them and instead of meters work with coordinates than it makes sense, the distance is less than 300 (which for DSRC is acceptable). Do you think that this is maybe the cause of this situation? Also, what about the playground size, how can we express its size with coordinates? Can I change the density of coordinates on the map, so not all of the nodes receive the DSRC packet? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Florian Hagenauer

не прочитано,
3 лют. 2016 р., 03:06:1703.02.16
Кому: Echo, OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

now I see the misunderstanding. The actual scenario is in the end much smaller - 400m x 400m. This can be seen in the heterogeneous.net.xml file (if you open it with sumo-gui you can see the various coordinates).

Best,
Florian
Department of Computer Science Room: F1 416

Christoph Sommer

не прочитано,
4 лют. 2016 р., 11:04:0904.02.16
Кому: omn...@googlegroups.com
Echo wrote:
> Can I change the density of coordinates on the map, so not all of the
> nodes receive the DSRC packet?

You might be interested in...

http://stackoverflow.com/q/33969482/4707703

...for a discussion of how to change cars' positions or movement.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Echo

не прочитано,
7 лют. 2016 р., 13:19:1407.02.16
Кому: OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

Thank you for the response.
I decided to try with completely different map. I generated xml, rou, poly, trips files for sumo. They are working fine when I run them on sumo-gui. Do you know how can I import this map now for the heterogeneous example? Also, do I need to do any corrections of the .ned files, etc. (I tried a bit of searching online and I found out that there was a member of this group asking the same question, but it was not answered). Thank you in advance.

Regards,

ferra adelinna

не прочитано,
19 трав. 2017 р., 05:03:0119.05.17
Кому: OMNeT++ Users
hello florian, let me ask you, in heterogeneos example, i'd like to make simulation using lte broadcast to node. can you help me how to find the node's position and sourceaddress in simpleserverapp.cc.

thankyou so much.

ferra adelinna

не прочитано,
22 трав. 2017 р., 01:38:4722.05.17
Кому: OMNeT++ Users
hello mr sommer, can i change the server's apllication in veinslte heterogeneous example? because i need to do broadcast simulation using lte for vehicular network.

thank you very much.

Відповісти всім
Відповісти автору
Переслати