MeshTest Example in Inetmanet-2.0

Ather Fayyaz

Aug 17, 2016, 9:36:25 PM8/17/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I need to calculate throughput of MeshTest example in manetrouting folder in InetManet 2.0.
I understand throughput will be num of data packets received / time taken.
If I calculate total throughput in each node, i.e. num of packets it received / total simulation time, how can I remove the ralayed packets from total num of received packets ?
What I am trying to ask is , for example, node A sent data through node B to destination node C. The throughput of B would be total packets received/ time taken. But this calculation might also involve those packets from A which were just being relayed through B towards C and were not destined for node B. How can I remove this from total number of packets received ? Is there any parameter which tells about number of relayed packets ?

Thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Aug 18, 2016, 6:09:40 AM8/18/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

No, it is not the number of packets is the number of bytes per time unit, there is a mile that can measure the throughput, the thugmeter, you can punt this mole between the modules that you want to mesure the throughput.

Aug 20, 2016, 10:28:05 AM8/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Okay but this throughput would still be calculated based on total number of bytes per unit time. So the relayed traffic would still be calculated in the throughput. How do I calculate the throughput of that node only, without the traffic that gets delayed through this node ?

Thanks
Ather