Throughput and latency in OMNET++

Baba

Mar 2, 2012, 6:51:35 AM3/2/12
to omnetpp
Hi,

I' m new to OMNET++, i make a protocol in OMNET++ and i want to
compute the throughput and the latency of messages.
Someone can help me how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

A S Al

Mar 9, 2012, 5:38:35 AM3/9/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

 Hi,

How do I clear the INET from the workspace  and imported it into workspace again.

Someone can help me how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

A S AL

A S Al

Mar 9, 2012, 6:03:02 AM3/9/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
 Hi,

How do I import SimpleBattery from modules of MiXiM to the inet.nodes.inet>>>(AdhocHost) ,so that the internal structure of the AdhocHost in INET contains a SimpleBattery?

Someone can help me how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

A S AL

A S Al

Mar 9, 2012, 11:30:32 AM3/9/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
 Hi,

I have this error (Error in module (InetSimpleBattery) Net80211_control.host[0].inetSimpleBattery (id=19) during network setup: Simulation cancelled.) when simulation my project.
Someone can help me what mean and how to solve it please.

Thanks in advance.

A S Al

Mar 9, 2012, 11:31:35 AM3/9/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Sven Scherbanowitz

Jun 22, 2017, 11:42:44 AM6/22/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I Need also an example to compute the throughput and latency in omnet++
I want to simulate a adhoc mesh Network and want to know, how Long it takes
untill all routingtables are completed.
Hope someone can help me

br
sven

serap bakioglu

Jan 15, 2018, 3:04:17 PM1/15/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
Did you success at computing and plotting throughput and latency in omnet++?
I am working on it, too. But I could not.
Please help

Bryan Cabrera Ramírez

May 30, 2020, 8:33:26 AM5/30/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
You have to run your simulation. Simulate for at least 5 seconds and finish it. Then go to your project folder and search for the folder called result. Then click into the .sca archive, it Omnet will ask you to create a new .anf archive, click yes. Then go to that recently .anf archive and at the bottom of this .anf window go to Datasets. Latency is inside the vector graphs, so you will find Latency and Throughput there.

Jianan Lin

Jun 14, 2020, 6:09:36 PM6/14/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, I found the throughput under the .vec file, however, I cannot find the Latency in neither .vec nor .sca file. Do you need to setup something in .ned or .inf file to record the latency?

Thank you

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 15, 2020, 6:55:49 AM6/15/20
to OMNeT++ Users
If I remember correctly is endToEndDelay in the sca files

Jun 16, 2020, 3:56:00 AM6/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Alfonso,

Can you tell in which file the codes for the throughput and latency computations can be found?
I searched in bmac .cc and .ini files but could not find any throughput/latency parameter there?

Another question is in vec file, there iare fields like count, mean stdev. What does count reperesents for?

Thank you.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 16, 2020, 4:01:12 AM6/16/20
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The delay is recorded like histogram, the Throghput is not recorded by default, you need to include the Throgmeter module.

Jun 16, 2020, 7:49:21 AM6/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Alfonso,

Sir, with the following endtoenddelay data, i got the below graph. I cannot relate the data with the graph. Can you please say in graph which data represent x axis value and y axis value?

Does this endToEndDelay show the total delay for all received packets at the receiver?

or

endToEndDelay is the delay for 1 received packet?  Many thanks.

The delay is recorded like histogram, the Throghput is not recorded by default, you need to include the Throgmeter module.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 16, 2020, 10:37:43 AM6/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Respect the graphic I cannot answer because I always use libreoffice to generate the figures.
Respect the delay is the mean delay of all packets received by the node

Enviado: martes, 16 de junio de 2020 13:49
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/omnetpp/68488fdf-62b7-401e-8b7f-dd59d4be5010o%40googlegroups.com.

KK

Jun 17, 2020, 4:14:20 AM6/17/20
to OMNeT++ Users

Hello Alfonso,

Sir, can you say what does "count" represents in dataset?

So, the average delay per packet will be mean delay divided by the number of received packet?

Thank you

Huzaifa Cheema

Sep 8, 2020, 10:28:15 PM9/8/20
to OMNeT++ Users

Hello Alfonso, in which fille jitter and latency is defined/calculated for UserPriority? for examample in Userpriority.cc voice has highest priority whils it has only 10ms jitter and latency, in which file this latency or jitter is defined/calculated.

please help me.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 9, 2020, 3:23:30 AM9/9/20
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Usually, is the source or the sink that computes the delay and jitter

Sep 9, 2020, 6:42:48 AM9/9/20
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It is quite complex, the reason is that the packet can be sent immediately, and it is in the link-layer queues where the packets could be stored, you need to modify the order how the packets are extracted from the queue and you need to "break" the isolation between layers.

A possibility is to use EDCF and to assign the categories in function of the parameters that you want.

Enviado: miércoles, 9 de septiembre de 2020 12:33

Huzaifa Cheema

Sep 9, 2020, 6:43:34 AM9/9/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Capture.PNG
Hello Alfonso,
In UserPriority.h, how they assigned these numbers and in which file they calculated this latency and jitter?

On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 12:23:30 AM UTC-7 Alfonso Ariza Quintana wrote:
Message has been deleted

Huzaifa Cheema

Sep 9, 2020, 6:49:21 AM9/9/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Alfonso, How can I use EDCF please give me an example of code by assigning Priority

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 9, 2020, 8:01:02 AM9/9/20
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry is EDCA

Goals¶. Quality of Service has been introduced into 802.11 in the 802.11e version of the standard in 2005. The QoS is considered of critical importance for delay-sensitive applications such as voice, streaming multimedia (video), and online gaming.

Enviado: miércoles, 9 de septiembre de 2020 12:49

Huzaifa Cheema

Sep 9, 2020, 8:11:52 AM9/9/20
to OMNeT++ Users
I've implimented this already, but there are large number of vehicles?  I've assigned Audio's priority to my vehicles.

Huzaifa Cheema

Sep 9, 2020, 8:15:20 AM9/9/20
to OMNeT++ Users
When FNode sends message it only recieved by vnode[0] but other vehicles did not get any messge
*.FNode.app[0].destAddresses = "vnode[*]"

what's wrong with it? how can FNode send message to all vehicles. Thank you for your help.

Huzaifa Cheema

Sep 10, 2020, 1:01:21 AM9/10/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello, sir, Alfonso! thi is my anf file. but there is neither latency/endToEndDelay nor throughput. please help me How can I find or generate.
General.anf

Mourad Ouhammou

Aug 8, 2021, 12:19:02 PM8/8/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello researchs
  Please  am still enable to simulate my scenarios can you please describe me the following steps to calculate the end to end delay and throughput and PDR in EDCF protocole under  adapting differents values of CW  under different traffic (audio video data) under nombre of stations in WSN and plot results please sir please contact me ,there is no probleme if it is paid task thank you