Omnet Newbie encountering error when launching tictoc example

R Hunt B

Mar 25, 2015, 2:52:46 PM3/25/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I've installed omnet++4.6 on my OS X machine. (Darwin balebako-r.local 14.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.1.0: Thu Feb 26 19:26:47 PST 2015; root:xnu-2782.10.73~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64)

I have successfully run the example dyna, and now would like to run the first tictoc example, in omnetpp-4.6/samples/tictoc   I can configure and make without error.  However, when I run ./tictoc, I get the error

balebako-r:tictoc balebako$ ./tictoc

OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation  (C) 1992-2014 Andras Varga, OpenSim Ltd.

Version: 4.6, build: 141202-f785492, edition: Academic Public License -- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE

See the license for distribution terms and warranty disclaimer

Setting up Tkenv...

<!> Error: Error loading NED sources from `.': NED error in file `DHCPClient.ned': declared package `inet.applications.dhcp' does not match expected package `inet.src.applications.dhcp'.

End.

I can edit inet/src/applications/dhcp/DHCPClient.ned and change the package from "package inet.applications.dhcp;" to "package int.src.applications.dhcp", but

1. I would have to do this for all the many ned files.

2. this seems like it won't fix the real problem

3. I don't think I even need these packages for the very first tictoc example.

I see someone asked a similar question before, (getting an error loading NED sources) but did not explain their solution.

All help is appreciated and I'd be happy to provide any additional information that is missing.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 25, 2015, 3:08:41 PM3/25/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You have a problem in the Project inet not in the example tictoc

R Hunt B

Mar 25, 2015, 4:30:27 PM3/25/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you for any help.  The inet  code is in a subdir of the tictoc code, and I get the error when I run the very first example in the tutorial.   I'm a newbie and would love information on how to resolve this problem, as I'm just trying to learn how omnet++ works and what all the components are.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 26, 2015, 4:29:29 AM3/26/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can close the inet project with this ovoid the problem

Rudolf Hornig

Mar 26, 2015, 8:28:35 AM3/26/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Do NOT store a project (INET) inside of an other project (tictoc). Place them in the workspace independetly.

R Hunt B

Mar 27, 2015, 4:36:51 PM3/27/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you! I have no idea how that directory ended up there, but with a new download and install it is not.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OMNeT++ Users" group.