RSU communication area

ismail bouhariche

Jun 3, 2018, 12:54:10 PM6/3/18
to OMNeT++ Users
What is the largest coverage area for an RSU, And how can I expand it .

Christoph Sommer

Jun 3, 2018, 2:13:27 PM6/3/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
ismail bouhariche wrote:

> What is the largest coverage area for an RSU, And how can I expand it .

Do you mean in simulation or in real life?

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

ismail bouhariche

Jun 3, 2018, 5:02:43 PM6/3/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
In simulation , because I need to know when a vehicle is in the coverage area or not yet , if it's not in the RSU coverage radius yet there is no need to send wsm to RSU it won't get to destination.

Christoph Sommer

Jun 4, 2018, 5:33:38 AM6/4/18
to andoklopez via OMNeT++ Users
ismail bouhariche wrote:

> In simulation

In simulation it's easy: Just run the simulation once and you'll know which vehicles will be reached by a given message. You can then use this knowledge the next time you run the simulation.

ismail bouhariche

Jun 4, 2018, 9:21:26 AM6/4/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
thank youI Christoph Sommer  , I found that an RSU in the simulation cover a radius of 500m  is there any way to increase the coverage area

Christoph Sommer

Jun 4, 2018, 10:01:07 AM6/4/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
ismail bouhariche wrote:

> tis there any way to increase the coverage area

Sure! Basically, you can do everything you could do in real life (increase transmit power, change position of RSU, use more sensitive wireless cards, ...) and everything you can do in simulation (such as direct message delivery, independent of the distance between nodes)

ismail bouhariche

Jun 4, 2018, 4:11:07 PM6/4/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
your answer was very useful thank you.