How to decrease ARP traffic (requets and reply)?

paradi...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2014, 2:12:18 PM10/26/14
I have a network with 150 module.
Lots of simulation time is dedicated to ARP replies and requests.
Is there any way to decrease this amount of time? (for example in ARP.cc file)
I changed some parameter in ARP.cc, but that behaviour didn't changed.
Thanks in Advance.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 27, 2014, 4:36:46 AM10/27/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can disable the ARP protocol if you set the variable globalARP to true

Lots of simulation time is dedicated to ARP replies and requests.
Is there any way to decrease this amount of time? (for example in ARP.cc file)

Thanks in Advance.

Celia Yasmine TAZIBT

Mar 21, 2018, 8:57:58 AM3/21/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Alfonso Ariza Quintana,

How can i desable the ARP Protocol in the last version of INETMANET (3.5) , i wasn't able to find the global ARP parameter.

thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 21, 2018, 3:24:39 PM3/21/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

**.arpType = "GlobalARP"

Celia Yasmine TAZIBT

Mar 21, 2018, 3:29:11 PM3/21/18
to OMNeT++ Users
thanks

Celia Yasmine TAZIBT

Mar 22, 2018, 3:45:18 AM3/22/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Alfnso Ariza Quintana ,

I'm traying ti use the OLSR routing protocol .

i have a network with 10 hosts for exemple , (9 fix node , 1 mobile node) :

i would like the 9 fix nodes to execute olsr but not the mobile node.

when I'm running the simulation the mobile node is not reachable (when I send UDP packets to the mobile node, these packets are not sent because: unreachable destination),

Do you have an idea that helps me to contact the mobile node to become reachable (without using the OLSR).

I'm trying to add the route from the different node to the mobile node but it seems that it's not working.

thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 22, 2018, 4:47:55 AM3/22/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Several possibilities:

1.- The distance between nodes is too big, you have a partitioned net. Solution, include more nodes or reduce the area or both

2-. If the source start the transmission immediately in the start of the simulation, the olsr protocol hasn’t built yet the routing tables. Solution, delay the start of the sources.

But, if the mobile nodes don’t execute the routing protocol the fixed nodes cannot know the route to these nodes, or if the mobile nodes cannot arrive to the fixed nodes.

Mar 22, 2018, 5:52:17 AM3/22/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
dear  Alfnso Ariza Quintana,
thanks for the response
the mobile node arrives to the fix nodes ( it's moving in the sensing area to reach every node) , but the udp packets are never sent from the fix nodes ( they arrive to the network layer and then it's the destination unreachable icmp msg ). even when i delay the sending time it's the same thing .
thanks

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 22, 2018, 6:55:22 AM3/22/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

If the destination is a mobile node the fix nodes don’t have the entry in the routing tables, only the nodes that run the OLSR protocol hare in the routing tables.

Celia Yasmine TAZIBT

Mar 22, 2018, 8:05:27 AM3/22/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
How can I add the mobile node to the fix nodes routing tables ?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 22, 2018, 2:45:19 PM3/22/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Using a routing protocol,

Celia Yasmine TAZIBT

Mar 23, 2018, 3:55:39 AM3/23/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
there is no other solution without using a routing protocol ?
like using the IPV4 network config file : and add the route manually ? i've tried this method but i wasn't able to make it work

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Mar 23, 2018, 4:34:35 AM3/23/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can set the route manually, but they are mobile nodes, if the nodes change of position, the routing tables will be erroneous. The manually routing tables work if the topology is static,

there is no other solution without using a routing protocol ?

Celia Yasmine TAZIBT

Mar 23, 2018, 4:36:24 AM3/23/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your help