HiDPI/Retina displays and qtenv

Federico Tramarin

Oct 13, 2017, 4:37:07 AM10/13/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi all,

I try to search for this argument but didn't find anything about this...

I have a Retina Mac, and qtenv appears "small", i.e. unscaled w.r.t. to the hidpi modality and to the settings of the desktop.
I am aware that Qt 5 supports this feature for a long time.
However, I didn't find a way to specify that the qtenv process should use a scaling to draw the graphics.
I tried to use an environment variable, but nothing changed.

Did someone already play into this?
Could you please help me?

Thank you very much

Federico

Attila Török

Oct 13, 2017, 5:33:18 AM10/13/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Federico,

There isn't any specific support for HiDPI displays in Qtenv itself, but as you said, Qt does support it quite well.

Which environment variable have you tried? I just tested (on Fedora 26 and Qt 5.7.1) setting the QT_SCALE_FACTOR to values like 2, 3, or 1.5, and all of them worked perfectly, as expected.

Does this variable work for you?

Attila