Questions regarding changing vehicle speed in SUMO through iteration in OMNet++ TraCI

Martin Li

Jan 8, 2016, 4:38:15 PM1/8/16
to OMNeT++ Users

I am currently using SUMO-0.19.0 veins-3.0 and OMNet++-4.6.

I have been doing research online about how to change the vehicle's speed through the ini file in OMNet, my goal is to test how different vehicle speed can affect the broadcast. I am able to change the broadcast interval using iteration, and I am able to change the vehicle speed in the .rou file and .net file one at a time.

However, my problem is I want to use iteration in OMNet++ ini file to change the vehicle speed and acceleration to accelerate the simulation process, but I don't know how.

I have checked the link https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/omnetpp/Cy1Slhx9h1U, but I still don't know where to use setSpeed, not to mention how to use iteration on changing the vehicle speed.

Thank you in advance.

wx1...@my.bristol.ac.uk

Jul 6, 2016, 10:54:10 AM7/6/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Martin,

I have been trying to modify the speed  of vehicles in veins. Have you solved your problem? Can you please tell me how to use setSpeed command? Many Thanks!

Regards