STEAM-Sim released on sourceforge

Georg Rudolf Möstl

Apr 17, 2015, 1:37:45 PM4/17/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

I have released the first version of the STEAM-Sim simulator which has been
developed during my PhD thesis.

See: https://sourceforge.net/projects/steamsim/?source=directory

STEAM-Sim builds up on OMNeT++, PAWiS, MiXiM, and CIL. The main purpose of
STEAM-Sim is to establish an accurate energy-aware hardware/software/network
co-simulation of wireless sensor networks.

Real firmware written in C (e.g. based on the Contiki OS) is combined with time
information corresponding to the execution time of the code running on a
microcontroller. This time annotated firmware is afterwards simulated with models
of the hardware (e.g. a CC2420 radio).

As an outcome detailed energy profiles of every hardware module in the network
are generated within nanosecond (and below) time resolution.

Benefits:

+) time accurate simulation/emulation of real firmware (e.g. based on Contiki)
+) energy awareness
+) detailed hardware models
+) realistic channel models from MiXiM
+) time resolution of OMNeT++
+) cross-level simulations

Best regards,
Georg

FIRADAT

Apr 17, 2015, 2:09:21 PM4/17/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, georg....@jku.at
Dear Georg,

Can I get a copy of your paper entitled "STEAM-Sim: filling the gap between time accuracy and scalability in simulation of wireless sensor networks"?

Thanks
Faisal

Georg Rudolf Möstl

Apr 19, 2015, 5:36:53 AM4/19/15
to faisal...@gmail.com, omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Faisal,

thank you for your intereset in my work. The paper can be downloaded from the ACM Digital Library:

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2512840.2512849&coll=DL&dl=GUIDE&CFID=665491219&CFTOKEN=26346986

Unfortunately, because of copyright and ownership limitations, I am not allowed to send you the paper.

Best regards,
Georg

>>> FIRADAT <faisal...@gmail.com> 17.04.15 20.09 Uhr >>>

Michael Kirsche

Apr 22, 2015, 6:57:46 AM4/22/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, georg....@jku.at
Dear Georg,

are you planing on attending the OMNeT Summit this year?
I think your work would be very interesting for the community, maybe you wanna participate... http://summit.omnetpp.org/

Best,
Michael