[TCP] Inet validation

Chunhuat Tan

Aug 22, 2016, 9:13:11 PM8/22/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi all,

Recently, I have been testing and comparing between the time taken for OmNeT++ simulation and real life network.
The architecture that I have set up is [Client] <--> [Switch] <--> [Server], with 10Gbps datarate channel.

However, after comparing the time for SYN, FIN and the TCP-Segments, i have found out that the differences are almost 100 times. (Syn for OmNet++ = 0.0000001776s, Syn for real life TCP = 0.000129016)

The time recorded from OmNeT++ is way too fast.
Can anyone explain why there is such a difference?

Any helps will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cyrus.