How to add an Adversary in omnet++ and to find hopCount from source to Sink using Omnet++?

sifatm...@upesh.edu.pk

Nov 23, 2015, 1:26:26 AM11/23/15
to OMNeT++ Users

i want to calculate hop count from source to sink node in omnet++ and want to add an adversary which will move when it analyze some packets transmission. for instance i am not using any omnet++ model but working purely in omnet++. please guide me how to do it.

regards Sifat Ullah;

sifatm...@upesh.edu.pk

Nov 24, 2015, 1:07:50 AM11/24/15
to Ruben Rios, Sobia Omer, omn...@googlegroups.com

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 24, 2015, 12:21:28 PM11/24/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

If you want to use a wireless environment I recommend to use some of the frameworks.

Sifat Ullah

Nov 24, 2015, 12:30:10 PM11/24/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
keeping mind my scenario which i have discussed before which framework you suggest me to use?

Regards;
Sifat Ullah
MS Scholar
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
Contact no:+92-312-2156564

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 24, 2015, 12:49:57 PM11/24/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The more flexible and complete is inet, but it is also, the most complex.

For sensor networks Castalia is quite simple,

Sifat Ullah

Nov 24, 2015, 11:28:52 PM11/24/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
okay i will try to work in Castalia but is tthere any help for Castalia like a Book or Tutorials?

Thanks Alfonso Ariza Quintana for your suggestions and i hope you will keep guiding me in near future.
Thanks alot

Regards;
Sifat Ullah
MS Scholar
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
Contact no:+92-312-2156564

sumera saleem saleem akhter

Nov 25, 2015, 4:25:49 AM11/25/15
to OMNeT++ Users
hi

Sifat Ullah

Nov 25, 2015, 4:35:36 AM11/25/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi!can you help me about my question?

Regards;
Sifat Ullah
MS Scholar
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
Contact no:+92-312-2156564

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 26, 2015, 3:55:42 AM11/26/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 26, 2015, 3:58:12 AM11/26/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The same solution that always, include a register in the packet and increment it in every node, there isn’t any other solution

Nov 26, 2015, 4:48:35 AM11/26/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Alfonso Ariza Quintana okay and is there any resource from where i can get knowledge about different methods used in omnet++ like there details and way to use them by example?

Regards;
Sifat Ullah
MS Scholar
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
Contact no:+92-312-2156564

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 26, 2015, 4:53:02 AM11/26/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

If you aren’t use any framework, the manual and the examples

sifatm...@upesh.edu.pk

Nov 26, 2015, 5:04:45 AM11/26/15
to OMNeT++ Users
okay Thank you so much for your expert suggestions i hope it will really help me and you will keep helping me.

Sifat Ullah

Dec 5, 2015, 1:40:46 PM12/5/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
sir!i need your guidance in the following problem.

Sir!i want to make a scenario in which there a source node,relay nodes, and sink node. source node sends the packet and relay forward these packet to sink node, sink node after receiving first message start sending first packet back to source node. actually i want to add an adversary which in on sink and will start backtracking after detection transmission of first packet on sink node.
please help me i really need your help.

Regards;
Sifat Ullah
MS Scholar
Department of Computer Science
University of Peshawar
Contact no:+92-312-2156564

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 10, 2015, 4:05:08 AM12/10/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

It is possible to trace the number of IP hops using the TTL parameter, but if you are using a link layer network (for example 802.11s or RSTP network) it is impossible to trace the number of hops

sir!i need your guidance in the following problem.

Shaikha Al-Khuder

Jan 28, 2016, 3:00:31 PM1/28/16
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
:)How can use the framework to get hop count?