How to know destination node has collected packets from all source nodes in one round.

Thien Le

Aug 27, 2015, 10:19:48 PM8/27/15
to OMNeT++ Users

Dear all,

I wrote a Wireless Sensor Network used the example in Inet/tutorials/wireless. My network with 10 source nodes and one collector node. All node use UDPBasicApp application, others setting are the same with the tutorial. The collector should receive packets from all nodes within a given time. The simulation results shown that some nodes do not generate packet to send because of collision with other nodes have sent the second packets. Hence, my question is how can I know that collector has successfully received packets from all nodes.

Thank you so much.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Aug 31, 2015, 3:47:25 AM8/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
If you want that your nodes could detect of a packet is lost the easier is to include a sequence number in the packet. UDPBasicBurst includes a sequence number in the packet header, using this number it is possible to detect if an intermediate packet is lost

Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:19:48 -0700
From: wavel...@gmail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Omnetpp-l] How to know destination node has collected packets from all source nodes in one round.

Dear all,

I wrote a Wireless Sensor Network used the example in Inet/tutorials/wireless. My network with 10 source nodes and one collector node. All node use UDPBasicApp application, others setting are the same with the tutorial. The collector should receive packets from all nodes within a given time. The simulation results shown that some nodes do not generate packet to send because of collision with other nodes have sent the second packets. Hence, my question is how can I know that collector has successfully received packets from all nodes.

Thank you so much.

Thien Le

Aug 31, 2015, 8:00:36 AM8/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfonso,

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you suggest  sample codes in .ini file or in dataset analysis that can do that.
BTW, I want create packets that are inherited from UDPBasicBurst packets to use in my simulation. How can I do that without modification anything in Inet?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Aug 31, 2015, 11:13:50 AM8/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It is necessary to modify the source code if you want to register the sequence lost.

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 05:00:35 -0700
From: wavel...@gmail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com
CC: aari...@hotmail.com