INET Framework errors

ChrisDent

Feb 28, 2012, 11:20:57 AM2/28/12
to omnetpp, and...@omnetpp.org
Hi,

I am new to OMNeT++ and C++ and to help me create the network
simulations I have downloaded, installed and imported the project of
the latest stable release of the INET Framework for OMNeT++ 4.2. I
have chosen the INET Framework in the hope that I can create a
switched network similar to this kind of topology -
http://web.chrissdent.co.uk/topology.jpg.

Unfortunately I am getting errors regarding many of the classes. The
example I would most like to use is the examples/ethernet/arptest
example but on running the example (using either the mingwenv.cmd
program or via the IDE using Run/OMNeT++ Simulation) I get the error
as below regarding the FlatNetworkConfigurator:

"Error in module (cCompoundModule) ARPTest (id=1) during network
setup: Class "FlatNetworkConfigurator" not found -- perhaps its code
was not linked in, or the class wasn't registered with
Register_Class(), or in the case of modules and channels, with
Define_Module()/Define_Channel()."

I have read a few forums relating to this issue but have not yet been
successful in resolving the issue. Please can you offer any advise on
this issue?

Thanks,
Chris

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 28, 2012, 4:17:05 PM2/28/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
what version of windows are you running. Win 7? is it 32 or 64 bit.

I assume that INET compiled without any issues. Could you please check the size of libinet.dll in the 'src' dir?
It should be a pretty big DLL file (the debug version is around 32Mb)

Rudolf

Chris Dent

Feb 29, 2012, 8:01:58 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

Also, the libnet.dll is 42 KB. Is this not right?

Chris

Chris Dent

Feb 29, 2012, 8:05:50 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Also, yes, no issues on building the inet project in OMNeT++ IDE.

Chris

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 29, 2012, 8:59:11 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

That seems to be a problem. libinet.dll should contain all code so normally it must be around 32Mb. It seems that on Win7 64-bit the link process seemingly succeed, but results in a wrong output file... There were other people suffering from this too. I suspect some kind of mis-configuration on these machines, but cannot identify the exact settings.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this on our own test machine so we have to continue with trial and error method.

Question for those who have this problem:

Do yo have both "Program Compatibility Assistance Service" and "Diagnostic Policy Service" running (in the Service control panel).

If not, could you try to enable them and rebuild the whole INET project and check if that fixes the problem...

Rudolf

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Feb 29, 2012, 9:01:58 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I can compile and link the code in win7 64 without problems
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Omnetpp-l] INET Framework errors

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 29, 2012, 9:11:43 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, this problem does surface only on certain systems, but we were not able to pin down the exact cause, however this is very likely related to the fact the the MINGW binaries must be running in compatibility mode...

Rudolf

Chris Dent

Feb 29, 2012, 9:15:14 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I am unsure what the "Program Compatibility Assistance Service" and "Diagnostic Policy Service" are. Are these Windows programs?

In there a way to make the MINGW binaries run in compatibility mode?

Chris

Chris Dent

Feb 29, 2012, 9:16:52 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Alfonso - were there any variables you changed on your system to ensure that it worked?

Environment variables, for example?

Chris

Chris Dent

Feb 29, 2012, 9:20:23 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Found the "Program Compatibility Assistance Service" and "Diagnostic Policy Service" on my system and they are in 'started' status.

Chris

Andrew Hardy

Feb 29, 2012, 10:04:32 AM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rudolph,

I set mingwenv.cmd to xp compatibility, but may be more with desparation
than logic. I was hoping what ever else kicked off would inherit the
behaviour.

You think setting certain other binaries should be set this way?

Since they are run from within mingwenv will it still be meaningful for
example to right click C:\omnetpp-4.2.1\mingw\bin\g++.exe and set xp
compatibility mode?

I don't quite have sufficient understanding to know if this would make
sense.

Regards,

Andrew

On 29/02/2012 14:11, Rudolf Hornig wrote:
> Yeah, this problem does surface only on certain systems, but we were not able to pin down the exact cause, however this is very likely related to the fact the the MINGW binaries must be running in compatibility mode...
>
> Rudolf
>

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Alfonso Ariza Quintana<aari...@hotmail.com<mailto:aari...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I can compile and link the code in win7 64 without problems

________________________________
Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University.

Firmansyah Kasim

Jul 7, 2012, 9:34:13 AM7/7/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com, a.h...@2009.ljmu.ac.uk
I had this same problem when I used OMNeT++ version 4.2.2, but when I tried installing inet in version 4.2.1, I could run the example properly so far.
Perhaps trying different version of OMNeT++ could "resolve" the problem.

lukasz....@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2013, 8:35:35 AM3/4/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, a.h...@2009.ljmu.ac.uk

I also tried to installing inet ver. 2.1.0 on OMNeT++ version 4.2.2  on Windows 7  32 bit ...  I have problem - after compiling INET  file  libinet.dll is around 42 KB ...
Has anyone solved the problem ?

Rudolf Hornig

Mar 7, 2013, 4:38:05 AM3/7/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, a.h...@2009.ljmu.ac.uk
This seems to be an issue with the bundled MINGW linker version. You may try 4.3rc1 as it contains newer MSYS and MINGW binaries. Or if you want to stick with omet 4.2 you may try to copy over the MSYS and MINGW directories from the 4.3rc1 distro.

Rudolf

Mmartin

Mar 11, 2013, 9:14:08 AM3/11/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfonso Ariza

hope you are fine...

kindly, I highly need your help, to fix the problem that I have during importing INET (2.1.0) in omnetpp (4.2.2), under ubuntu 12.04. you can see the errors below :

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
cannot find -loppcmdenvd    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -loppenvird    inet             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -loppenvird    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -lopplayoutd    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -loppmaind    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -loppsimd    inet             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -loppsimd    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
cannot find -lopptkenvd    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
make: *** [all] Error 2    inet             C/C++ Problem
make: *** [out/gcc-debug//tictoc] Error 1    tictoc             C/C++ Problem
make[1]: *** [../out/gcc-debug/src/libinet.so] Error 1    inet             C/C++ Problem

I do appreciate your help.

best regards,
Ribwar

lukasz....@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2013, 10:26:29 AM3/11/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, a.h...@2009.ljmu.ac.uk
Thank you Rudolf Hornig for take a look with my problem. I have installed OMNeT ver. 4.3rc1. Then I could installing  Inet 2.1.0 without problems...
I think in few days will be available stable version but ver. 4.3rc1 is quite good and I haven't any problem using it.

Regards,

Łukasz

ribwar bakhtyar

Mar 11, 2013, 10:31:11 AM3/11/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi Lukasz

kindly, can you share the link of OMNeT++ 4.3rc1 with me and it's tutorial if it is possible?

your help will be thankfull.

best regards,
martin

lukasz....@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2013, 9:54:11 AM3/18/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mmartin,
you can download OMNeT++ 4.3rc1 from the website: http://www.omnetpp.org/omnetpp/cat_view/17-downloads/1-omnet-releases/5-test-versions  .
Tutorial is available after installation OMNeT++ in folder  \omnetpp-4.3rc1\ doc.

Best regards
Łukasz

heba belal

May 4, 2016, 1:56:42 PM5/4/16
to OMNeT++ Users, and...@omnetpp.org
Dear all, i installed inet framework on omnet++ but i can not run the AODV protocol on it, kindly help me to run it as i tried but an error like( can not launch ' AODVRoute.ned ' Does not contain a network )
thanks in advance