Error in nedtool command

SHanan

Jan 8, 2018, 12:45:28 AM1/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I use nedtool to convert the .ned file (that contain a simple module) to .xml file using this command :

$ nedtool -x D:\omnetpp-5.2.1\samples\test2\filename.ned   BUT this command gives an error : -->>>    Error: cannot read filename.ned

and I try to use the command with file name only (not the whole path ) and gives the same error

what is the problem of the command ?

Michael Kirsche

Jan 8, 2018, 6:27:24 AM1/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I just quickly tested it under Windows with one of the sample ned files and the XML output works.
Does "filename.ned" really exit?
Are you using the command from within the mingw.cmd environment? The path names (might) need to be given in MinGW's own format, like:
nedtool -x /d/omnetpp-5.2.1/samples/aloha/Aloha.ned

SHanan

Jan 8, 2018, 11:48:30 AM1/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
yes I was using mingw env.

the problem was with the format of the path name.
it is working now, thank you for your help