Anaconda env causing ./configure Qtenv failure in new OMNeT version

Chris Shen

Jul 17, 2017, 9:02:02 AM7/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Just share an experience.

I'm now using the new version of omnet, OMNeT++ 5.1.1, meanwhile I also installed Anaconda for another python project.
When I configure omnet, it always tells it can't find Qt library, asking me to set WITH_QTENV=no. Initially, I though I didn't installed well Qt, then checked several ways to install Qt, but the error remained.

Then I looked at the error, found out the configure did not search system path for Qt library, instead it searched Anaconda folder for several libraries, including Qt.

Then I commented the Anaconda PATH in .bashrc file, since when the Anaconda was installed, its PATH information was automatically appended at the end of .bashrc file.

So, everything works fine now.

Attila Török

Jul 17, 2017, 9:46:25 AM7/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you for sharing!

Could you please send us the exact line in your .bashrc file that you had to comment out?

Attila

Chris Shen

Jul 17, 2017, 10:28:14 AM7/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
# added by Anaconda2 4.0.0 installer
# export PATH="/home/chris/anaconda2/bin:$PATH"

Like the above, comment "export......." with #.