nodes must receive messages from both senddirect() and send() functions

Rahma Rebhi

May 18, 2017, 8:35:16 PM5/18/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello all, in my simulation I tried first to send a broadcast message through send() function which require connected gates ( Ssp.neighbour[0] --> Helper[0].radioIn;
Ssp.neighbour[1] --> Helper[1].radioIn;) then I tried to send direct messages from another node to those modules through wifi connection but an error appear :
senddirect () module must have dedicated gates for receiving via senddirect from side of dest gate Helper[0].radioIn should not be connected !

Help please.

Michael Kirsche

May 19, 2017, 5:03:54 AM5/19/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Wireless messages are always broadcast, there is no "direct send" between wireless nodes, as the wireless channel is a shared medium.
Direct send is to be used inside a node (for example), when the PHY wants to directly send a message to the application layer without passing through MAC or Network layer.

For transmissions between wireless nodes, addresses and filtering after reception are the way to handle "direct" connections. So a message should contain a sender and a receiver address and all receivers can afterwards filter messages to find out if they are meant for them or not. If you are using 802.11 for example, then the PHY and Radio modules take care of that when your application provided sender/receiver addresses in the data that is sent over the air.