VANET Simulation (using OMNET++, SUMO, and Veins)

Joanne

Nov 8, 2013, 12:32:45 AM11/8/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm want to simulate a VANET network using Veins framework. (I'm looking at comparing AODV, GSPR, and OSLR) I know this has been done many times before and I would like to avoid "reinventing the wheel." My current focus is to just compare protocols.

Is anyone able to provide a source? Or know where I am able to receive such examples?

I would greatly appreciate any help in the subject,

Joanne

Alvaro Torres Cortes

Nov 8, 2013, 4:02:58 AM11/8/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you cannot simulate those things with VEINS.

I suggest to switch to Inet wich has implemented all the routing modules
and also supports Sumo integration (Traci).

Good luck.

El 08/11/13 14:32, Joanne escribi�:
> --

Alvaro Torres Cortes
PhD Student
Grupo de Redes de Computadores (GRC)
Departamento de Informatica de Sistemas y Computadores (DISCA)
Universitat Politecnica de Valencia (UPV)
UPV, Edificio 1G, Camino de Vera S/N, Valencia 46022 Espa�a
e-mail: atco...@batousay.com
Web: http://www.grc.upv.es

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 8, 2013, 4:04:32 AM11/8/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The problem is the routing protocols, all these routing protocols are
already in inet but not in veins.

El 08/11/13 14:32, Joanne escribió:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm want to simulate a VANET network using Veins framework. (I'm
> looking at comparing AODV, GSPR, and OSLR) I know this has been done
> many times before and I would like to avoid "reinventing the wheel."
> My current focus is to just compare protocols.
>
> Is anyone able to provide a source? Or know where I am able to receive
> such examples?
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help in the subject,
>
> Joanne
> --

Alvaro Torres Cortes
PhD Student
Grupo de Redes de Computadores (GRC)
Departamento de Informatica de Sistemas y Computadores (DISCA)
Universitat Politecnica de Valencia (UPV)
UPV, Edificio 1G, Camino de Vera S/N, Valencia 46022 España

Joanne

Nov 11, 2013, 7:42:03 PM11/11/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Okay, so does INET currently has these protocols working in a VANET environment (not a MANET)? Most of the papers I have read use VEINS and simulate these protocols as a basis to compare there own protocols, because we are just interested in the base systems we want to see these protocols running in a simulated VANET environment.

Christoph Sommer

Nov 12, 2013, 4:41:51 AM11/12/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joanne,

Joanne wrote:
> I'm want to simulate a VANET network using Veins framework. (I'm looking
> at comparing AODV, GSPR, and OSLR)

MANET routing protocols are already available in the INET framework.

Many of the modules of Veins have been ported to the INET framework,
most importantly the TraCIScenarioManager (which can create and move
nodes corresponding to vehicles in a SUMO simulation) and
ObstacleControl (which models obstacles that block radio transmissions,
such as buildings).

Some modules, such as those of IEEE 1609.4 DSRC/WAVE have not been
ported to INET, but -- depending on your ultimate goal -- it might be
enough for your simulation to rely on a more abstract representation of
these lower layers.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Institute of Computer Science

Rasha Kaiss

Feb 13, 2014, 1:30:14 PM2/13/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
dear  Joanne
i'm also doing the same thing
i would to run AODV on vanet
did u do it ?
thx in advances

Priyank Sanghavi

Mar 22, 2014, 9:43:40 AM3/22/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joanne!

I'm doing the same thing. Can you guide me how to start with?

Joanne

Apr 18, 2014, 3:46:54 PM4/18/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Although I am still working on my project if you need help getting started you can view my git repository. Whether or not it is right is another story:

priyanks...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 10:39:46 PM4/18/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

1. Can you provide tutorial to use your codes?

2. I have a problem running Veins. Running the code from mimix in OMNeT, the veins always crashes before calling the sumo. Do you know any solution?

Regards
Priyank Sanghavi.

Joanne

Apr 21, 2014, 1:42:45 PM4/21/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You need

inet-2.2.0 integration branch from git
sumo 0.19.0
veins 2.2

Using the code is simple
Be sure to run sumo first, otherwise everything will crash, if you are in windows go to the mingwenv and run the script veins provided (see veins tutorial)
All simulations are in the simulation folder just right click the omnetpp.ini and run as Omnet++ Simulation

sarah

Nov 18, 2014, 7:51:31 AM11/18/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joanne, I want to do the same thing as you, can you give me the version of veins suitable for linux, give me a link where I can download it please.  thank's

Joanne Skiles

Nov 18, 2014, 8:24:15 AM11/18/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Sarah, Veins does not need a special version for Linux but you need to get Omnet++ and Sumo which are available on their sites. If you use Linux Mint I had a problem compiling sumo for it, but the bug may be fixed now.

Make sure you get Inet and Veins from github.

On Nov 18, 2014 7:51 AM, "sarah" <oubaba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Joanne, I want to do the same thing as you, can you give me the version of veins suitable for linux, give me a link where I can download it please.  thank's

Fraser Burnett

Mar 16, 2015, 6:17:55 PM3/16/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joanne,

Sorry to add to the many questions you have already kindly answered from people, but I was wondering what setup you are running? I have Omnett, Sumo and Veins set up on an Ubuntu virtual machine but I see that someone said that INET is probably best for what you are doing, did you take this advice and was it better than VEINS? Did you stick to a Linux distro or did you use Windows? If you used Windows did you notice any reduced functionality?

It seems we are doing a very similar project, from what I can gather. I am looking to compare a number of VANET routing protocols, probably AODV and maybe OSLR etc and if I have time I want to compare them in different environments for example a small town and a highway.

I am not looking to change any scripts or change protocol parameters or anything. Did you find scripts suitable for such an idea and could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Fraser

Avinash Tarale

Jun 2, 2015, 3:32:04 AM6/2/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joanne,

I checked your project from github, but I am getting error for the omnet.ini file which is in 'simulations' folder. Could you please help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Avinash

Joanne Skiles

Jun 2, 2015, 7:34:20 AM6/2/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Currently I am updating my project to work with inetmanet-2.0, if you check out my new Readme file you should be able to run the aodv sims.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OMNeT++ Users" group.

neda bagheri

Jul 13, 2015, 1:15:59 AM7/13/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi dear Joanne

I downloaded your code and inetmanet2.2.0 branch inetmanet2.0.

I import both projects to omnet++
I compile them both.

when I want to run the veins/omnetpp.ini file it gives me an error saying that the file src/vanetsim.exe does not exist. do I have to do sth elese? am I missing something?

Exception occurred executing command line.
Cannot run program "D:/omnetpp-4.6/veins4a2/VANETSim/src/VANETSim.exe" (in directory "D:\omnetpp-4.6\veins4a2\VANETSim\simulations\veins"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Joanne

Jul 13, 2015, 12:18:08 PM7/13/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fraser,

I missed this message, I am using Windows. The only issue I notice with windows is with really complex scenarios it will run out of resources.

How is your project going, are you still looking on advice with scripts?

Thank you,

Joanne Skiles
Message has been deleted

Mima line

Jul 19, 2015, 6:18:03 PM7/19/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi

could you please tell me how can I combine Veins and inet

thanks in advance

Habibur Rahman

Feb 12, 2016, 8:36:59 AM2/12/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hello Joanne,

I am new in OMNeT++, SUMO and VEINS famwork for the VANET simulation. I want to simulate existing routing protocols for VANETs. I have tried to compile your VANETSim project in Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 environment using OMNeT++ 4.4.1, Veins-2.2, sumo-0.19.0 by following necessary instruction. But I am facing the same problem to compile your project in both environment. If anyone able to guide for the VANET simulation will be great for me. I have attached the error file in the attachment.

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,
Habibur Rahman
error-gpsr-simulation.PNG
error-vanet-project.PNG

imene sahnoune

Feb 12, 2016, 7:01:45 PM2/12/16
to OMNeT++ Users
hi guys !
i need your help LOL, i'm working on a project with VANETs and i'm new with Omnet and veins and i need to introduce mobility in my objects it could smthg very simple to one of you but as i tald you i'm not used to program with omnet so could anyone of you show me how could i make my "cars" move PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSEEE
thnx and googluck

Christoph Sommer

Feb 23, 2016, 10:25:17 AM2/23/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
imene sahnoune wrote:
> i need your help LOL [..] as i tald you i'm not used to
> program with omnet

OMNeT++ has many good handbooks and tutorials. I can highly recommend
the user's manual and the Tic Toc tutorial.

Also see the "Where do I start?" question in the Veins FAQ at
http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/faq/

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

imene sahnoune

Feb 23, 2016, 1:52:20 PM2/23/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
thank you so so much for helping even if i still have some issues with veins but i really apreciate your help

Thanks again

Tariq Emad

Mar 10, 2016, 4:03:09 AM3/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi ,

Thanks , I'm using your code but i facing problem when i ruining GPSR .. I get this error .. Plz can  you advice me how i can solve it .. Thanks

Error in module (StationaryMobility) GPSRSim.vehicle[0].manetrouting.mobility (id=45) at event #64, t=6.1: Mobility position is not a finite number after initialize (x=-1.#IND,y=-1.#IND,z=-1.#IND).

Thanks

Joanne Skiles

Mar 10, 2016, 1:21:31 PM3/10/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the modifications for GPSR are heavily embedded in my dissertation work. When I complete my PHD (summer) these will become available but right now the GPSR code will not work.

Tariq Emad

Mar 10, 2016, 2:21:02 PM3/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for your replay ...

Kindly can i contact with you via my email ( tari...@gmail.com) and i will be thankful ..

Ezey

Mar 11, 2016, 8:03:52 AM3/11/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello everybody,
I am having problem getting sumo connected to omnet during simulation. Having error "Aborting on error: Expected CMD_FILE_SEND (0X75), but got 0x70, closing connection.....
any idea on what to do please.SEE ATTACHED PLEASE
Veins sumo 2.jpg

Rens van der Heijden

Mar 14, 2016, 3:38:31 AM3/14/16
to OMNeT++ Users
I recommend making a new thread and posting a bit more details -- which SUMO version, which version of VEINS, and which version of sumo-launchd.py you're using. It sounds like the cause is related to incompatible versions.

Micah Alexander

Apr 18, 2016, 6:51:21 PM4/18/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello! I am using Joanne's code in an attempt to collect statistics and compare performance of AODV and DSR under various different scenarios (different path loss models, different vehicle speeds, different maps, etc.). However, where Joanne runs UDPBasicBurst as an application on her cars, I want to run a TCP application. Specifically, I want to run TCPBasicClientApp on the vehicles, and TCPGenericSrvApp on the RSU. I have tried replacing UDP and UDPBasicBurst in the Cars.ned file with TCP and TCPBasicClientApp, and adding TCP and TCPGenericSrvApp to the RSU, but I cannot produce any traffic. When I run the simulation, the only messages that are ever passed are RREP and RREQ messages, no TCP at all. I'm not sure what's wrong, and I'm hoping someone here may be able to help? Below are the files of interest with my changes (the bits I changed are highlighted in red) Note that I did not change the .ini file at all, it is identical. The only files I changed are Car.ned and RSU.ned. Maybe I need to alter the .ini file in some way as well? I am not sure...

Car.ned:

package micahsim.simulations._nodes;

import inet.applications.tcpapp.TCPSessionApp;
import inet.applications.traci.TraCIDemo;
import inet.base.NotificationBoard;
import inet.linklayer.ieee80211.Ieee80211Nic;
import inet.mobility.contract.IMobility;
import inet.networklayer.IManetRouting;
import inet.networklayer.autorouting.ipv4.HostAutoConfigurator;
import inet.networklayer.common.InterfaceTable;
import inet.networklayer.ipv4.RoutingTable;
import inet.nodes.inet.NetworkLayer;
import inet.transport.tcp.TCP;
import inet.applications.tcpapp.TCPBasicClientApp;

module Car
{
    parameters:
        @node();
        string mobilityType = default("TraCIMobility");
        networkLayer.configurator.networkConfiguratorModule = "";
        string routingProtocol @enum("AODVUU","DYMOUM","DYMO","DSRUU","OLSR","OLSR_ETX","DSDV_2","Batman","GPSR") = default("");  // used mobile routing protocol
    gates:
        input radioIn @directIn;
    submodules:
        notificationBoard: NotificationBoard {
            parameters:
                @display("p=140,462");
        }
        ac_wlan: HostAutoConfigurator {
            @display("p=296,402");
        }
        interfaceTable: InterfaceTable {
            parameters:
                @display("p=140,326");
        }
        routingTable: RoutingTable {
            parameters:
                IPForward = true;
                routerId = "";
                routingFile = "";
                @display("p=60,326");
        }
        tcp: TCP {
            parameters:
                @display("p=384,146");
        }

        networkLayer: NetworkLayer {
            parameters:
                proxyARP = false;
                @display("p=304,327;q=queue");
            gates:
                ifIn[1];
                ifOut[1];
        }
        mobility: <mobilityType> like IMobility {
            parameters:
                @display("p=60,459");
        }
        wlan: Ieee80211Nic {
            parameters:
                @display("p=304,461;q=queue");
        }
        manetrouting: <routingProtocol> like IManetRouting if routingProtocol != "" {
            @display("p=522,307");
        }
        tcpApp: TCPBasicClientApp {
            parameters:
                startTime = simTime() + 1s;
                connectAddress = "rsu[*]";
                connectPort = 1000;
            @display("p=384,58");
        }

    connections allowunconnected:
        tcp.appOut++ --> tcpApp.tcpIn;
        tcp.appIn++ <-- tcpApp.tcpOut;

        tcp.ipOut --> networkLayer.transportIn++;
        tcp.ipIn <-- networkLayer.transportOut++;

        wlan.upperLayerOut --> networkLayer.ifIn[0];
        wlan.upperLayerIn <-- networkLayer.ifOut[0];

        radioIn --> wlan.radioIn;

        networkLayer.transportOut++ --> manetrouting.from_ip if routingProtocol != "";
        networkLayer.transportIn++ <-- manetrouting.to_ip if routingProtocol != "";
}

RSU.ned:

package  micahsim.simulations._nodes;

import inet.base.NotificationBoard;
import inet.networklayer.autorouting.ipv4.HostAutoConfigurator;
import inet.networklayer.common.InterfaceTable;
import inet.applications.traci.TraCIDemo;
import inet.mobility.single.LinearMobility;
import inet.networklayer.ipv4.RoutingTable;
import inet.transport.tcp.TCP;
import inet.nodes.inet.NetworkLayer;
import inet.linklayer.ieee80211.Ieee80211Nic;
import inet.networklayer.IManetRouting;
import inet.mobility.contract.IMobility;
import inet.applications.tcpapp.TCPGenericSrvApp;

module RSU
{
    parameters:
        @node();
        string mobilityType;
        networkLayer.configurator.networkConfiguratorModule = "";
        string routingProtocol @enum("AODVUU","DYMOUM","DYMO","DSRUU","OLSR","OLSR_ETX","DSDV_2","Batman", "GPSR", "GPSRU") = default("");  // used mobile routing protocol
[...]
                localAddress = "rsu[*]";
                localPort = 1000;
            @display("p=384,58");
        }

    connections allowunconnected:
        tcp.appOut++ --> tcpApp.tcpIn;
        tcp.appIn++ <-- tcpApp.tcpOut;

        tcp.ipOut --> networkLayer.transportIn++;
        tcp.ipIn <-- networkLayer.transportOut++;

        wlan.upperLayerOut --> networkLayer.ifIn[0];
        wlan.upperLayerIn <-- networkLayer.ifOut[0];

        radioIn --> wlan.radioIn;
}

Any help would be appreciated. Joanne's code was a fantastic place to start, but I have been banging my head against the wall for a week trying to figure out how to run TCP traffic and I am lost. Thanks!!

-Micah Alexander

Joanne Skiles

Apr 19, 2016, 12:53:41 PM4/19/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad my code can help.

I can look into this for you this weekend, currently I am in the middle of updating inet and veins for my project so if I make a change it will be in the oldinet branch.

Habibur Rahman

Apr 21, 2016, 8:43:22 AM4/21/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am also trying to use Joanne's code to simulate existing AODV, DSR, and OLSR routing protocols using different traffic scenarios such as different speed, different maps. Joanne's provided example maps are working well.

But when I am trying to use a highway scenario like SUMO sample "Hello" example with different types speed of cars then I am not getting any traffic at all. Even, it's not showing any errors, and any car in the simulation too. I didn't change anything. Only thing I have changed "omnetpp.ini" for hello scenario.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

-Habibur Rahman

ישראל בן כליפא

Jun 6, 2016, 10:55:51 AM6/6/16
to OMNeT++ Users
dear Joanne. is your poroject works with the olsr protocol (vanet)? all I need is to combine sumo and omnet while using the olsr routing protocol. will it work to use your project from git and adjust the protocol? if so where do i need to put the changes?
if you would like my email address is isra...@gmail.com
thank you very much
בתאריך יום שלישי, 19 באפריל 2016 בשעה 19:53:41 UTC+3, מאת Joanne:

eng.dal...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2016, 9:55:11 AM6/25/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Joanne ,

i downloaded your project vanetsim two years ago and downloaded it again two weeks ago .it's completely different.
Is the new one based on inet framework not veins . i am confused about that.

Joanne Skiles

Jun 25, 2016, 5:02:21 PM6/25/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Which branch did you download? This is also my dissertation project so I have changed it a lot when working on my own dissertation. oldinet branch is an older version of my code. The develop branch is currently being worked on the match the new versions of INET and VEINS.

João Batista

Sep 14, 2016, 5:53:19 PM9/14/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Joanne,

I tried use your code, but have issues with the compile " C++ build >> The project is not a CDT project" or by make file.
There is a correct way to compile the codes?

Thanks a lot.

João

wx1...@my.bristol.ac.uk

Oct 10, 2016, 7:19:07 AM10/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Tariq,
Did you run Joanne's code successfully later on? Would you please give me some advice on how to run the code? I'm now trying to use her code but following error stopped me..

''Exception occurred executing command line.
Cannot run program "/home/Toshiba/omnetpp-5.0/samples/VANETSim/src/VANETSim" (in directory "/home/Toshiba/omnetpp-5.0/samples/VANETSim/simulations/aodv"): error=2, No such file or directory''

wx1...@my.bristol.ac.uk

Oct 10, 2016, 10:34:22 AM10/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users

Dear Joanne,

Thanks a lot for sharing your code. I downloaded your code from master, develop and oldinet branches. Would you please tell me the differences between those branches?

When I opened the project, error message(as shown in the first image attached) said that ''tkenv-image-path = bitmaps '' was unknown configuration.

When I delete this line of command, run the omnetpp.ini file as simulation in omnet++, error message like in the second image popped up. Can you/anyone please tell me how to solve these problems? Am I missing something?

Thank you so so much for your help.

Regards.

Joanne Skiles

Oct 10, 2016, 10:45:20 AM10/10/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I suggest you look at oldinet. Develop branch is a development branch and not intended to be used. Master is also a vetted branch.

Again I want to repeat this code is my own and I do not guarantee it is correct. Make sure to look into implementing this yourself.

Wanru Xie

Oct 10, 2016, 11:00:48 AM10/10/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for replying! I understand what you said, thanks again for sharing it!  I'm now trying to simulate 802.11p by combining the Veins and INET.  Is oldINET the right one to go for?

Many thanks!

Joanne Skiles

Oct 10, 2016, 11:03:16 AM10/10/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Yes that would be a good place to start with your research.

Wanru Xie

Oct 10, 2016, 11:17:09 AM10/10/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
That's so great! Thank you! I couldn't find the ieee 802.11p related NIC or other related file names in oldinet, would you please kindly give me a brief introduction of oldinet about what and how it has implemented?

Can't be more grateful!

Ghulam Sarwar

Nov 14, 2016, 3:07:40 AM11/14/16
to OMNeT++ Users, wx1526...@my.bristol.ac.uk
Hello Dr. Joanne,
Good Day
i downloaded your VANETSim code, but i could not run it. I got this error

" CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified..."

I am using " omnetpp-4.6, veins3.0, sumo-v19.sum-v21.

Although, README file says, i only need sumo version 19, no references is required for including inet and veins....

2016년 10월 11일 화요일 오전 12시 17분 9초 UTC+9, Wanru Xie 님의 말:

myname...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2017, 12:56:10 PM3/21/17
to OMNeT++ Users

Repected sir,
 i need your help .i want to work on omnetpp,sumo and veins so,can you please tell me which operating system it is most compatible with.thanx alot
   thank you
   anchal

mima Line

Mar 21, 2017, 4:45:53 PM3/21/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I used to employ ubuntu 12.10 LTE with omnet+sumo+veins

Adrian Chrisna

Jun 1, 2017, 10:00:59 AM6/1/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
how to call TCP on omnet.ini. because i'm error in calling TCP, and i'm confused for calling TCP in omnet.ini. can help me?
i'm using code for calling TCP in omnet.ini

**.numUdpApps = 1
**.tcpApp[*].typename = "TelnetApp"
**.vehicle[5].tcpApp[0].destAddresses = "vehicle[4]"
**.vehicle[12].tcpApp[0].destAddresses = "vehicle[11]"
**.vehicle[*].tcpApp[0].destAddresses =""
**.tcpApp[0].localPort = 1234
**.tcpApp[0].destPort = 1234
**.tcpApp[0].messageLength = 512B  #
#**.udpApp[0].messageLength = 2000B  #
#**.udpApp[0].sendInterval = 0.2s + uniform(-0.001s,0.001s)
**.tcpApp[0].sendInterval = 0.5s + uniform(-0.001s,0.001s)
**.tcpApp[0].burstDuration = 0
**.tcpApp[0].sleepDuration = 1s
# **.udpApp[0].burstDuration = uniform(1s,4s,1)
# **.udpApp[0].stopTime = uniform(20s,40s,1)
##**.udpApp[0].startTime = uniform(0s,4s,1)
**.tcpApp[0].startTime = 0s
**.tcpApp[0].delayLimit = 20s
**.tcpApp[0].destAddrRNG = 0

Reza Rafeh

Jul 15, 2017, 4:18:48 PM7/15/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Neda,
I have faced with the same problem. Did you find any way to get this example running?
Cheers,
Reza

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 5:15:59 PM UTC+12, neda bagheri wrote:
Hi dear Joanne

I downloaded your code and inetmanet2.2.0 branch inetmanet2.0.

I import both projects to omnet++
I compile them both.

when I want to run the veins/omnetpp.ini file it gives me an error saying that the file src/vanetsim.exe does not exist. do I have to do sth elese? am I missing something?

Exception occurred executing command line.
Cannot run program "D:/omnetpp-4.6/veins4a2/VANETSim/src/VANETSim.exe" (in directory "D:\omnetpp-4.6\veins4a2\VANETSim\simulations\veins"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Reza Rafeh

Jul 15, 2017, 7:52:18 PM7/15/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I downloaded your code and inetmanet2.2.0 branch inetmanet2.0.

I import both projects to omnet++
I compile them both.

when I want to run the veins/omnetpp.ini file it gives me an error saying that the file src/vanetsim.exe does not exist. do I have to do sth elese? am I missing something?

Exception occurred executing command line.
Cannot run program "D:/omnetpp-4.6/veins4a2/VANETSim/src/VANETSim.exe" (in directory "D:\omnetpp-4.6\veins4a2\VANETSim\simulations\veins"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Joanne Skiles

Jul 15, 2017, 11:11:02 PM7/15/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I do not support this project at the moment as my research has moved to private repos, when my work is completed I may look into updating this repo

Imen_

Jul 17, 2017, 9:31:44 PM7/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
hello
can you please how should I do to veins and INET (I'm using omnetpp-4.6, veins-4.4 and the inet version recomanded by Joanne)
I'll appreciate any help this is my address email zidii...@gmail.com
thank you,
Imen

Rens van der Heijden

Jul 18, 2017, 3:08:04 AM7/18/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

If you can, upgrade to Veins 4.5 or newer: it has inet integrations, meaning you can import it directly. More information on how to do that is in the Veins documentation:
http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/modules/#veins_inet

Best regards,
Rens

imen zidi

Jul 18, 2017, 4:51:00 AM7/18/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Thank you for your kind help, please I have another question: how can I calculate throughput and end to end delay for VANET simulation when I'm using only veins framework? should I modify some parameters in the project files (.ned, .cc, .h and/or .ini)?
Thank you again and have a nice day,
Imen

On 07/18/2017 03:31 AM, Imen_ wrote:
hello
can you please how should I do to veins and INET (I'm using omnetpp-4.6, veins-4.4 and the inet version recomanded by Joanne)
I'll appreciate any help this is my address email zidii...@gmail.com
thank you,
Imen

Adrian Chrisna

Jul 18, 2017, 4:55:11 AM7/18/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
how to  call tcp in vanet? i'm using omnet++ 4.6, vein 2.2, and inetmanet 2.0. but error to call tcp.

Zahidul Islam Zahid

Feb 20, 2019, 10:30:16 AM2/20/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Joanne, Can you share your code with me?? I am an undergraduate student and researching on VANET protocols. Please help me with your code. You can mail me in zahidulislamzahid96@gmail.com

Amit Krishna

Feb 24, 2019, 10:54:19 AM2/24/19
to OMNeT++ Users

Hi
I am trying to run Omnet++ with Plexe sumo
I am getting an Error:
Error: Unknown cfmodel  when parsing vtype 'vtypeauto'
Quitting (on error).do you have any Suggession as to how to resolve it.

imen zidi

Feb 25, 2019, 3:32:17 AM2/25/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It's very likely that you are using a cfmodel not supported by your sumo version
so I recommend you to verify your .rou.xml file,
the file where you specified your vehicle parameters,
All the best

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

Jennefer Luca

May 8, 2019, 9:29:39 AM5/8/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

Could you please give me the links to download INET-2.2.0 integration branch and veins-2.2.

Thanks in advance.