Help adding annotated obstacle to VEINS

Peter Kitsos

Oct 16, 2017, 6:12:37 PM10/16/17
to OMNeT++ Users

Hello, I am new to Omnet++ and trying to start a new v2v and v2i project. So far, I have been able to use my own downloaded OSM file with the VEINS example but now I would like to add an obstacle. What I am trying to do is add a static obstacle (tree, block, car accident) into the middle of a designated intersection that my vehicles will be able to recognize and cause them to send out a notification/rerouting signal to all the other vehicles. From what I can tell, adding an obstacle can be done by using polyconvert and adding an xml obstacle file. I haven't been able to figure it out nor have I been able to find any useful tutorials. Can one of you tell me what is needed to add an obstacle and/or provide me with any relevant examples/tutorials? It would be greatly appreciated. I could use some help getting started in the right direction so that I can learn how to implement my own project and begin moving into the networking aspect of things. Thanks!