D2D Communication with SimuLTE using PC5 in 5.9GHz band

Parag Sewalkar

Jul 19, 2017, 12:24:27 PM7/19/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear All,

As per my initial investigation, I could not find a way to simulate D2D communication using PC5 sidelink in 5.9 GHz band (using SimuLTE or VeinsLTE).
SimuLTE seems to support D2D in 2100 MHz band. VeinsLTE seems to support older version of SimuLTE (and hence no support for PC5).

Any tips on whether PC5 is supported or any plans to add support for it would be appreciated.

Best,
Parag

Antonio Virdis

Jul 20, 2017, 4:50:02 AM7/20/17
to OMNeT++ Users

Dear Parag,

it depends on the reason why you are interested in using the 5.9 GHz band. SimuLTE uses the band parameter for channel-modeling purposes, i.e. for computation of the signal propagation etc. You can change/modify the channel model used, if you want. However, to the best of my knowledge, the rest of the upper-layer functions should not depend on the actual band being used.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

BR
Antonio

Parag Sewalkar

Jul 20, 2017, 7:50:46 AM7/20/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Antonio,

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in exploring PC5 Sidelink capabilities for V2X in unsupervised mode 2 and its standing against 802.11P.  For good evaluation purpose, support for the various PHY/MAC layer functionalities (Release 13 onwards, as per my reference) would be necessary. Some examples of such functionalities would be semi-persistent transmission resource selection mechanism and support for PC5 logical channels.  I am not sure if this can be currently achieved with SimuLTE.
Also, I think adding D2D peering capabilities for each pair of V2X may be little difficult due to large number of nodes and the node creation process. But I guess this goes in VeinsLTE area. :)

Best,
Parag

EH

Jun 27, 2018, 12:39:02 PM6/27/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Parag,

Please did you find finally a simulator for PC5 (Sidelink mode 3 ou 4). I will be very interested by the same thing.
It looks like omnet++ and ns-3 are NOT  PC5 capable yet.

Thanks for your feedback

EH