"xerces-lib not found" error during SUMO 0.22 installaton on Ubuntu 14.04

Murat coşkun

Feb 28, 2015, 2:57:36 PM2/28/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I received "configure: error: xerces-lib not found. Specify path with option --with-xerces-libraries=DIR." this error when i tried to install SUMO 0.22 on ubuntu 14.04. I exavtly followed the installation guide. I would be grateful if somebody could help me.

Besti
Murat Coşkun

Christoph Sommer

Mar 1, 2015, 2:03:59 PM3/1/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Murat Coşkun,

Murat coşkun wrote:
> I received "configure: error: xerces-lib not found. Specify path with
> option --with-xerces-libraries=DIR." this error when i tried to install
> SUMO 0.22 on ubuntu 14.04. I exavtly followed the installation guide. I
> would be grateful if somebody could help me.

You will get much better help with SUMO on the SUMO mailing list.

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer
Distributed Embedded Systems Group

Pablo

Mar 8, 2015, 5:25:25 PM3/8/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

Have you tried to install the xerces library?

sudo apt-get install libxerces-c2-dev
sudo apt-get install libgdal1-dev proj libfox-1.6-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev

If apt-get does not find it, try with dpkg or a graphical package manager (Synaptic, ...).
Perhaps you need the packages shown in the second line.
In addition, it is possible that you need to create a link to gdal in order to install the sumo-gui (change the proper version):

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgdal1.7.0.so /usr/lib/libgdal.so

Good luck
Pablo

mehul mistry

Feb 10, 2017, 8:56:49 AM2/10/17
to OMNeT++ Users

try this:

sudo apt-get install libxerces-c-dev

min...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2019, 11:14:31 PM2/27/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you, I have solved this issue.

在 2017年2月10日星期五 UTC+8下午9:56:49,Mehul Mistry写道: