Regard AODV Routing

Omnet User

Jun 8, 2018, 9:16:21 AM6/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi all,

What is the difference between NET_TRAVERSAL_TIME and RING_TRAVERSAL_TIME in AODV routing?

Is the dissemination of RREQ in the implemented AODV routing in inetmanet depend on binary exponential backoff or expanding ring search technique?

Thanks in advance..

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jun 8, 2018, 1:29:25 PM6/8/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3561.txt

Controlling dissemination RREQ messages, section 6 something, I don’t remember the exact section

Omnet User

Jun 8, 2018, 3:54:24 PM6/8/18
to OMNeT++ Users

Thank you very much for your kindly reply..

I read the draft: the RING_TRAVERSAL_TIME is used for expanding ring search and NET_TRAVERSAL_TIME is used for binary exponential backoff.

When I read aodv_rreq.cc  file:

/* Set a timer for this RREQ */

    if (expanding_ring_search)

        timer_set_timeout(&seek_entry->seek_timer, RING_TRAVERSAL_TIME);

    else

        timer_set_timeout(&seek_entry->seek_timer, NET_TRAVERSAL_TIME);

So I still confused about which one is used in the default operation of AODV routing?

Your help will be greatly appreciated..