how to change channel parameters in time

Mariusz Słabicki

Jan 15, 2014, 6:10:54 AM1/15/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
i am implementing the Gilbert-Elliot channel model in my simulations. The essence of that model is that parameters of the model (like a PER) are changed in time. I thought that to model these changes i can use selfMessages, and on every receive of selfMessage the parameters will change. Unfortunately class cChannel does not have the handleMessage() method, because this class does not inherite from the cModule. Do you have any ideas how i can model changes of the channel parameters in time?

Best regards,
Mariusz Słabicki

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 15, 2014, 10:35:04 AM1/15/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You don’t need to use handleMessage, you can use the method used to compute the BER to actualize the status, only of you need to change the status at fixed time interval you could need to use an event

Mariusz Słabicki

Jan 15, 2014, 1:47:40 PM1/15/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Hi Alfonso,
thank you for your reply. I am not sure if i understand your idea. In my model the parameters should change every time (random time). Could you explain your thought a little wider?

Best regards,
Mariusz Słabicki

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 15, 2014, 1:53:35 PM1/15/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Some like this

double MyModel::calculateReceivedPower(double pSend, double carrierFrequency, double distance)

{

    double waveLength = SPEED_OF_LIGHT / carrierFrequency;

    double rx_power = freeSpace(Gt, Gr, L, pSend, waveLength, distance, pathLossAlpha);

    simtime_t time = simTime();

    return myFunc(rx_power,time);

Mariusz Słabicki

Jan 17, 2014, 3:38:17 AM1/17/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you. To be honest i am still not getting your point. From which class should the class MyModel inherit?

Best regards,
Mariusz Słabicki