D2D with VeinsLTE 1.3

Echo

Oct 17, 2016, 8:10:18 PM10/17/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

As the new version of veinsLTE 1.3 is out I was wondering if there is a way to simulate a D2D 5g communication between the vehicles with it. As I checked, the new version of SimuLTE supports D2D, but I am not sure if VeinsLte 1.3 has integrated the latest version or no. Any comments are welcomed. Thank you in advance.

p.s Also, which version of veins is the base for the VeinsLTE 1.3?

Regards,

Florian Hagenauer

Oct 18, 2016, 3:32:26 AM10/18/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

currently Veins LTE does not support D2D communications. But we are currently working on the integration - sadly we cannot give an ETA yet.

Best regards,
Florian Hagenauer

> On 18 Oct 2016, at 02:10, Echo <tomo.ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As the new version of veinsLTE 1.3 is out I was wondering if there is a way to simulate a D2D 5g communication between the vehicles with it. As I checked, the new version of SimuLTE supports D2D, but I am not sure if VeinsLte 1.3 has integrated the latest version or no. Any comments are welcomed. Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> --

Florian Hagenauer MSc
Heinz Nixdorf Institute - Distributed Embedded Systems
Paderborn University, Germany
http://ccs-labs.org/~hagenauer/

FMA

Oct 18, 2016, 4:11:23 AM10/18/16
to OMNeT++ Users, hage...@ccs-labs.org
So D2D communication in 5G can be simulated through simulLTE? I got it right?

Florian Hagenauer

Oct 18, 2016, 4:14:20 AM10/18/16
to FMA, OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

as far as I know they support D2D for LTE, not 5G.

Best regards,
Florian Hagenauer

FMA

Oct 18, 2016, 4:20:14 AM10/18/16
to OMNeT++ Users, anghelon...@gmail.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
Hi,
thanks a lot. So just to clearly understand the situation before starting using these tools since I already got in trouble with ns3.
I can simulate VANET communication through Veins and D2D ones through simuLTE (which is different from VeinsLTE), can't I?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
FMA

Florian Hagenauer

Oct 18, 2016, 4:22:27 AM10/18/16
to FMA, OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

currently you cannot simulate VANET LTE-D2D communications.
Veins LTE supports IEEE 802.11p D2D communication and LTE infrastructure communication.
SimuLTE supports LTE D2D and LTE infrastructure, but currently no VANET communication.

Best regards,
Florian Hagenauer

FMA

Oct 18, 2016, 5:16:35 AM10/18/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com, anghelon...@gmail.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
That's okay. So I can simulate the system in the attachment,alright?
Thanks for your time and sorry for the disturbing you

Regards
FMA
simulators.pptx

Florian Hagenauer

Oct 18, 2016, 10:21:44 AM10/18/16
to FMA, OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

performing such a simulation is possible, but the setup might require some additional work.

Best regards,
Florian Hagenauer