ERROR WHEN RUNING OVERSIM ON OMNeT++ 4.6 USING IDE

Sara kh

Oct 9, 2015, 1:21:51 PM10/9/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello OMneT users,

I need your help, firstly oversim was runing perfectly (using IDE) with no problems, and then when i try to run it and choose one of the configuration models for example : Chord (iterative, SimpleUnderlayNetwork) or any other model, i got this error:

Error in module (SimpleUnderlayConfigurator)

SimpleUnderlayNetwork.underlayConfigurator (id=2) during network initialization : coordinate source file not found.

I tried for a week to resolve it with no suceed, Would any one help me PLZ,

Regards.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 9, 2015, 1:30:43 PM10/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Configuration problem, oversim uses an xml file with the position of the nodes, the program can’t find the file

In the ini the parameter is

**.nodeCoordinateSource

The oversim examples uses the file nodes_2d_15000.xml

Sara kh

Oct 9, 2015, 1:50:38 PM10/9/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you Professor for your answer,

Yes it is specified in default.ini file with this line:

SimpleUnderlayNetwork.underlayConfigurator.nodeCoordinateSource = "nodes_2d_15000.xml"

I verify that "nodes_2d_15000.xml" file already exists in oversim/simulations directory; in spite of that i got this error that "courdinate source not found", what should i change to resolve it!

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 9, 2015, 1:56:33 PM10/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can check if the name is correctly read in the ide, in the ide you can see the values of the parameters.

Sara kh

Oct 9, 2015, 2:05:40 PM10/9/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
I juste checked, and it s the same name "nodes_2d_15000.xml" in default.in and in simulations directory.

What made me confused is that it worked firstly with no problems,
although I've made no change.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 13, 2015, 3:44:31 AM10/13/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I cannot imagine what the source of the problem is,

Sara kh

Oct 15, 2015, 9:16:37 AM10/15/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Hi,

When trying to resolve this problem i changed the Working Directory in run configurations from "oversim" to oversim/simulations", but i got this error :

Running simulation...
** Event #1   T=0   Elapsed: 0.000s (0m 00s)
     Speed:     ev/sec=0   simsec/sec=0   ev/simsec=0
     Messages:  created: 5   present: 5   in FES: 2
** Event #2   T=0   Elapsed: 0.008s (0m 00s)
     Speed:     ev/sec=0   simsec/sec=0   ev/simsec=0
     Messages:  created: 5   present: 5   in FES: 1

<!> Error in module (SimpleUnderlayConfigurator) SimpleUnderlayNetwork.underlayConfigurator (id=2) at event #2, t=0: While evaluating parameter `ber': Parameter is not yet accessible.

Would you help me PLZ.

Regards.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 15, 2015, 11:06:24 AM10/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Sara kh

Oct 15, 2015, 12:59:25 PM10/15/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com

It works finally, thank you so much!

Sara kh

Oct 18, 2015, 8:24:40 AM10/18/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com

Hi,

My question is about the mobility module presented in https://github.com/aarizaq/Oversim-20121206 , is that for applying an overlay protocol like CHORD over a mobile network??

Another question is how to get it work? I tried to change “InetOverlayHost” in default.ini by “InetOverlayHostAdHoc”, exactly in this line :

InetUnderlayNetwork.underlayConfigurator.terminalTypes = "oversim.underlay.inetunderlay.InetOverlayHostAdHoc"

But I got tis error:

<!> Error in module (Radio) InetUnderlayNetwork.overlayTerminal[0].wlan[0].radio (id=107) at event #29, t=0.098459035: Could not find ChannelControl module with name 'channelControl' in the toplevel network..

My work is to apply CHORD over a mobile network, and I am still new with Omnet and Oversim, PLZ help me.

Regards.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Oct 19, 2015, 4:34:56 AM10/19/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The radio interfaces need a ChannelControl module, without it the code can’t model the radio transmissions. See the wireless examples

sumanth korrapati

Jul 20, 2016, 7:30:12 AM7/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users
This happens mainly due to "run configurations" . Make sure working directory is /OverSim/simulations and not /OverSim/ . Even though nodes_2d_15000.xml file exists , it does not look into it without correct configurautions.

Thank you,
Sumanth.