How can I connect SDN controller to omnet++ simulation

Mei Wang

Jul 21, 2017, 12:10:23 AM7/21/17
to OMNeT++ Users
 Hi  ,

I am a CS student and I want to know how to implement an SDN controller on OMNeT++ simulation?
Does OpenFlow is extension for INET ?
How to implement LTE-Sim simulation on OMNeT++ simulation?

Thank you.
Mei

ice

Aug 5, 2017, 10:24:06 AM8/5/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Mei,

6 months ago I used Omnet++ 5.0 and inet-3.4.0 to implement a simple OpenFlow based SDN protocol for RealTime Ethernet.

I implemented SDN Controller and SDN Router at the same time. I just added my code into the implemented Router in INET, so they can work together: the SDN Controller collects the information of the network topology and then makes desions, by changing the OpenFlow tables in the SDN Routers;  the SDN Routers just transfer the data packets according to the OpenFlow Table (seem to be very stupid...).

Also, you can implement completely new SDN Controller and Router by yourself.

Now the lastest version of Omnet++ is 5.1 and INET is 3.6. If you are lucky enough, SDN Controller and Router have been already realized. You can check more details of the changes. (https://omnetpp.org/

Kind regards,
Yinbing

David Wong

Oct 18, 2017, 9:48:51 PM10/18/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Yinbing,

Are you on LinkedIn or Facebook? Trying to get connected. Thanks.

David

Rahat Ullah

Feb 14, 2019, 10:58:55 AM2/14/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello ice bro
i want to configure SDN in omnet ++.its compulsory to use Omnet 4.2 and Inet2.0.
i have used them but give errors with some file missing
plz reply
thanks