WiseRoute - RSSI - INET

George Tsoumanis

Jul 6, 2016, 11:13:19 AM7/6/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Are there any news about adding the RSSI (i.e.TODO: ctrlInfo->getRSSI();) into INET's wiseroute? I really need it. Do you believe I would better turn back to mixim to use it?

Rudolf Hornig

Jul 7, 2016, 4:56:07 AM7/7/16
to OMNeT++ Users
This would need a proper architecture for cross layer communication first (which is a problem in INET 3) (that's why it was left out from the port). The X layer communication is currently under work, but will not appear until INET 4 which is at least half a year away.

It seems that the radio modules do not add the necessary RSSI values to the controlinfo when they send up the received frames. You can probably either hack in these or fall back indeed to MiXiM.

Probably adding an ISSUE in INET's issue tracker would not hurt either so it will not be forgotten.

George Tsoumanis

Jul 7, 2016, 3:21:17 PM7/7/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanx for the reply Rudolf. I think I will use mixim instead. I really don't have the necessary knowledge to write it by myself.. If I do so in the future I will let the community know.

Georgios Tsoumanis, M.Sc., PhD Candidate
Informatics
Department of Informatics, Ionian University
Tsirigoti Square 7, 49100, Corfu, Greece.