NED Source Folder

Lorem Ipsum

Jun 8, 2009, 4:50:51 AM6/8/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm trying to build a simulation with INET. I created a project, and
copied one of the INET examples there. It consists of a few NED files,
and I can run it properly. But no matter how I select the NED source
folder in the Project Properties (and how I change the package names
correspondingly), when I try to open a NED file, I get the message
"This NED file is not under a NED Source Folder, and will be opened in
a standard text editor. [...]" and GUI editor is not available.

What am I missing there?
Thanks for any help,
L.

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 8, 2009, 5:14:45 AM6/8/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Did you created an OMNeT++ Project or just a simple Generic Project?

Lorem Ipsum

Jun 8, 2009, 5:39:04 AM6/8/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It is an OMNeT++ project, the simulation can be run, and the IDE
reports OMNeT++ support, too.

The project itself was created in the INET root folder as a separate
project. Now I moved everything to an unrelated directory, and it
works. Probably the NED folder settings and package definitions
interfered with those of INET... I'll stick to this separate folder
and next time think twice before posting. :-)
Thanks.
L.

> Did you created an OMNeT++ Project or just a simple Generic Project?

> Hi All,

Rashmi Varma

Jun 15, 2018, 11:13:07 AM6/15/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Anybody else facing this issue and looking for a solution then this is what helped me (source :from OMENT ++ user guide https://www.omnetpp.org/doc/omnetpp/UserGuide.pdf page 13):

It is possible to specify which folders the IDE should scan for NED files and that the
IDE will use as the base directory for your NED package hierarchy. The IDE will not
use any NED files outside the specified NED Source Folders and those files will be
opened in a standard text editor. To specify the directory where the NED files will be
stored, right-click on the project in the Project Explorer and choose Properties. Select
the OMNeT++ | NED Source Folders page and click on the folders where you store
your NED files. The default value is the project root.

Anmol Tigga

Jun 28, 2019, 2:31:23 AM6/28/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Yes, what Rashmi Varma said works. Thank you.

Kunal Goswami

Mar 13, 2022, 4:53:31 PM3/13/22
to OMNeT++ Users
thanks ;