SimpleEnergyStorage

Maurício Bertanha

Dec 6, 2016, 11:44:46 PM12/6/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi everyone, I am having some problems to handle with energy levels. I am using SimpleEnergyStorage to handle the energy of my sensor nodes. My first question is: Does the transmitter power affect the battery level? I have the following snippet in my code for the sensors:

wlan[*].radio.transmitter.power = 2mW;

No matter how I change the power level, the energy remaining in the nodes decreases with the same ratio during execution time. Should I change it in other places?

Another question: is there a way to set a node to sleep? I was planning to reduce the power in the transmitter during sleep time, is it the best approach?

Thanks.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 7, 2016, 5:33:33 PM12/7/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

it isn't the power parameter that determine the consumption. You need to define a energyConsumer and to set the consumption in every state

For example

*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumerType = "StateBasedEnergyConsumer"
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.offPowerConsumption = 0mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.sleepPowerConsumption = 1mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.switchingPowerConsumption = 1mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.receiverIdlePowerConsumption = 2mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.receiverBusyPowerConsumption = 5mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.receiverReceivingPowerConsumption = 10mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer transmitterIdlePowerConsumption = 2mW
*.host*.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer.transmitterTransmittingPowerConsumption = 100mW

Dec 7, 2016, 5:36:04 PM12/7/16
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you Alfonso, just one more question: Do you know how I set the host to sleep mode during the simulation?