Simulation freezes

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Jun 12, 2017, 6:13:49 AM6/12/17
to omnetpp
I am running a simulation but after some minutes of running the simulation freezes. what could be the problem? it doesn't give any warning or any error . i am using Omnet 5.0++ Inet framework 3.4

Michael Kirsche

Jun 12, 2017, 6:25:25 AM6/12/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Maybe a memory problem? Check the memory consumption of the OMNeT process.

Also, try to run your simulation under the debugger to see if it spits out an error message.

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Jun 12, 2017, 6:32:44 AM6/12/17
to omnetpp
it doesn't spit out an error message at all.i usually run my code in debug mode. maybe its memory problem, how do i sort that out?

Daniel Pfefferkorn

Jun 12, 2017, 6:47:32 AM6/12/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
You could check whether at the freezing point you still have free
physical memory. If not swapping to disk has begun and can be really
slow, especially if you record the eventlog.

Does "top" (Linunx) or the windows task manager show any CPU activity or
do the memory numbers change?

Hope that helps!
-- Daniel

On 12.06.2017 12:32, Maria Nelago Kanyama wrote:
> it doesn't spit out an error message at all.i usually run my code in
> debug mode. maybe its memory problem, how do i sort that out?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Michael Kirsche
> <michael...@b-tu.de <mailto:michael...@b-tu.de>> wrote:
>
> Maybe a memory problem? Check the memory consumption of the OMNeT
> process.
>
> Also, try to run your simulation under the debugger to see if it
> spits out an error message.
>
> Am Montag, 12. Juni 2017 12:13:49 UTC+2 schrieb michelle:
>
> I am running a simulation but after some minutes of running the
> simulation freezes. what could be the problem? it doesn't give
> any warning or any error . i am using Omnet 5.0++ Inet framework 3.4
>
> --
>

> --

Daniel Pfefferkorn, M.Sc.
Institute of Microelectronic Systems
Leibniz University Hannover phone: +49 (511) 762 - 5025
Schneiderberg 32 fax: +49 (511) 762 - 19601
30167 Hannover, Germany web:
http://www.ims.uni-hannover.de/pfefferkorn.html

Michael Kirsche