crypto++

Rahma Rebhi

Apr 25, 2017, 9:18:36 AM4/25/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Please can anyone provide me with how to install crypto++ library in omnet and how to use AES algorithm for example in my simulation project in order to encrypt exchanged messages.
Thanks

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Apr 25, 2017, 11:41:16 AM4/25/17
to omnetpp

first you need to install cryptopp library on your Ubuntu first.

Then open your OMNeT, find Properties -> C/C++ General -> Path and Symbol -> Library Paths -> Add (tick 1. add to all config, 2. add to all language) -> file system -> add the following line:/usr/lib/

then find Properties -> OMNeT -> Makemake -> src:makemake(deep, ...) -> (your project name) -> options -> Link -> Add -> add the following words: cryptopp, and pthread -> OK

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Rahma Rebhi <rahma....@gmail.com> wrote:
Please can anyone provide me with how to install crypto++ library in omnet and how to use AES algorithm for example in my simulation project in order to encrypt exchanged messages.
Thanks

Rahma Rebhi

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Apr 25, 2017, 11:55:02 AM4/25/17
to omnetpp
sorry, i am using Ubuntu

Message has been deleted

Rahma Rebhi

Apr 25, 2017, 12:21:52 PM4/25/17
to OMNeT++ Users
ok thank you. But I need more informations in how to use an algorithm in my .cc file to encrypt or decrypt a message.

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Apr 25, 2017, 12:23:44 PM4/25/17
to omnetpp
 check out the source codes for the library

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Rahma Rebhi <rahma....@gmail.com> wrote:
ok thank you I'll see how to solve it.But I need more informations in how to use an algorithm to encrypt or decrypt a message.

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Apr 25, 2017, 12:25:43 PM4/25/17
to omnetpp
i have not used the source codes before. but i think you just have to call that function for encrypting in your .cc code