SimuLTE build error (VeinsInetManager: no such module type)

andok...@yahoo.com

Apr 14, 2018, 1:01:38 PM4/14/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

I am new to OMNeT and SimuLTE. I am trying to install SimuLTE with Veins on my OMNeT++ 5.1.1 installation running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have been following the guide on the SimuLTE website (http://simulte.com/add_veins.html) and tried installing using both the "Complete package" option and the "Import Veins into SimuLTE" option, but I keep getting the same error shown on the attached image, wherein there is a NED Consistency problem in the Highway.ned file of lte/simulations/cars.

The faulty line in Highway.ned is:
     import org.car2x.veins.subprojects.veins_inet.VeinsInetManager;

I thought that it was only a problem of the lte project not referencing veins. However, I have checked the project references of the lte project, and both inet and veins are included as references. Could anyone kindly advise me on how to solve this problem? Thank you very much!

Leandro
Simulte error.jpg

Giovanni Nardini

Apr 16, 2018, 9:24:32 AM4/16/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

did you check if, in "project references", the package "veins_inet" is included?

Best regards.
Giovanni
Message has been deleted

andok...@yahoo.com

Apr 18, 2018, 5:43:17 AM4/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Giovanni,

I tried again using your suggestion, and it seems that the LTE project is not showing any errors anymore. Thank you very much!

Marko Iloski

Apr 26, 2018, 4:37:29 AM4/26/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Giovanni,

I am experiencing the same problem as Leandro. I tried the solution you suggested but the errors are still there.
Any other suggestion?

Thank you in advance,
Marko

Edit: Found the solution! The problem was with the importing of the veins_inet project. What I did is I locally deleted the veins_inet project and re-imported it from the veins-veins-4.6/subprojects directory.

Christoph Sommer

Apr 26, 2018, 5:33:04 AM4/26/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Marko Iloski wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problem as Leandro. I tried the solution you suggested but the errors are still there.
> Any other suggestion?

The website at http://veins.car2x.org/documentation/instant-veins/ also has a virtual appliance of Veins that already includes SimuLTE. Feel free to download it and give it a go to see how things work together with Veins+INET+SimuLTE. It might also be helpful as a template of how to set this up natively (instead of in the virtual machine).

Best,

Christoph

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Sommer
Cooperative Mobile Systems (CCS Labs)

ahmed omar

Jun 10, 2018, 1:02:50 AM6/10/18
to OMNeT++ Users
HI ,
could any one tell me how to check if the "project references" are included or not and how i can include it if it is not included ?
Thank in Advance
omar

Giovanni Nardini

Jun 12, 2018, 9:16:02 AM6/12/18
to OMNeT++ Users
From the OMNeT++ IDE:

Right-click on the "simulte" folder | Properties | Project References. Then tick the "veins_inet" box. Click OK.
Right-click on the "simulte" folder | Properties | OMNeT++ | Project Features. Tick the "SimuLTE Cars" box. Click OK.

Best regards.
Giovanni

Ahmad

Oct 16, 2020, 10:20:15 AM10/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I still have this problem, although I followed your solution.
'VeinsInetManager': no such module type Highway.ned /lte/simulations/cars line 46 NED Consistency Problem
in   import org.car2x.veins.subprojects.veins_inet.VeinsInetManager;
Is there any problem?
When I refer to veins instead of veins_inet, then veins_inet disappears!!
Screenshot from 2020-10-16 22-14-00.pngScreenshot from 2020-10-16 22-17-35.png

Ahmad

Oct 16, 2020, 10:37:36 AM10/16/20
to OMNeT++ Users
I also found that the imported ned file looks like textfile in omnet++ IDE.
import org.car2x.veins.subprojects.veins_inet.VeinsInetManager;
You can notice the difference in the code of VeinsInetManager.ned and Highway.ned in following attached screenshots:
Screenshot from 2020-10-16 22-28-40.pngScreenshot from 2020-10-16 22-34-34.png

Ahmad

Oct 17, 2020, 11:39:25 AM10/17/20
to OMNeT++ Users
I solved the problem.

It is in page 13 of the user guide: https://doc.omnetpp.org/omnetpp/UserGuide.pdf

NED Source Folders It is possible to specify which folders the IDE should scan for NED files and that the IDE will use as the base directory for your NED package hierarchy. The IDE will not use any NED files outside the specified NED Source Folders and those files will be opened in a standard text editor. To specify the directory where the NED files will be stored, right-click on the project in the Project Explorer and choose Properties. Select the OMNeT++ | NED Source Folders page and click on the folders where you store your NED files. The default value is the project root.

Me Me

Oct 25, 2020, 11:33:48 AM10/25/20
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Ahmad,
From the statement 'The IDE will not use any NED files outside the specified NED Source Folders and those files will be opened in a standard text editor.   specify the directory where the NED files will be stored '

May i know how you solved it?

And do you change the name   import org.car2x.veins.subprojects.veins_inet.VeinsInetManager ?
Here's the screenshot of my ned source folder for lte

Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

Me Me

Oct 25, 2020, 12:26:12 PM10/25/20
to OMNeT++ Users
This solution works for me. Hope is useful for others too.