Question about introducing MKL to OMNeT++ on Windows

Chaoxian Zhang

Jul 24, 2016, 9:40:19 AM7/24/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I'm using Intel MKL to speed up my simulation with OMNeT++ 5.0, and everything goes well on Ubuntu (with OMNeT++ and MKL both Linux distribution).
However, the compiler failed to link MKL libraries to my simulation program in OMNeT++ with its Windows distribution. I tried both Windows and Linux libraries of MKL but neither works.

My question is:
1. It was said that MKL could not support mingw enviroments on Windows, can I infer that it's impossible for compiler to link MKL with OMNeT++ on Windows?
2. If the MKL can't support OMNeT++ on Windows at all, are there any matrix computation libraries work fine with OMNeT++ on Windows? Is OpenBLAS a good alternative?

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Rudolf Hornig

Jul 26, 2016, 4:31:24 AM7/26/16
to OMNeT++ Users

On Sunday, 24 July 2016 15:40:19 UTC+2, Chaoxian Zhang wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Intel MKL to speed up my simulation with OMNeT++ 5.0, and everything goes well on Ubuntu (with OMNeT++ and MKL both Linux distribution).
However, the compiler failed to link MKL libraries to my simulation program in OMNeT++ with its Windows distribution. I tried both Windows and Linux libraries of MKL but neither works.

My question is:
1. It was said that MKL could not support mingw enviroments on Windows, can I infer that it's impossible for compiler to link MKL with OMNeT++ on Windows?
Yes. OMNeT++ on windows uses the MinGW compiler. If your library specifically mentions that it does not work, then you cannot use it.

Chaoxian Zhang

Jul 27, 2016, 3:52:05 AM7/27/16
to OMNeT++ Users
OK, I get it. Finally I give up the efforts on Windows and turn to Ubuntu to continue my developments.
Thanks a lot.