Wireless Tutorial for INET is now available online

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 20, 2016, 11:48:09 AM6/20/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The new Wireless Tutorial is now available online. It is a highly recommended read for everyone into wireless simulations with INET.

If you have questions, recommendations, please use this thread for discussion. (I will moderate this thread and delete all unrelated posts!)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

AA

Jun 23, 2016, 11:04:50 AM6/23/16
to OMNeT++ Users
I want to know about application, in this tutorial only NED file is defined why not source and header file. For example if i want to broadcast message in adhoc using this tutorial i don't know to do that can you please guide ?

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 27, 2016, 4:40:11 AM6/27/16
to OMNeT++ Users
The tutorial's aim is to demonstrate the *use* of the existing components. Implementing other protocols and applications require a different level of skill set. We may do that someday if we have the resources. Until then the best you can do is to take a look at the currently implemented protocols.

If you need broadcasting in adhoc networks I assume your work is related to routing so checking out the AODV procol impementation would be a good start.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dina salah

Sep 7, 2016, 6:50:10 AM9/7/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

Thanks for the announcement. May I ask your advice concerning how to get started with INET? My goal is to simulate a variation of the AODV routing protocol on an ad-hoc network. I am a complete newbie, so how do you think I should proceed in making use of the large amount of support material on the website and online?  Thanks.

Jonathan Diffini

Sep 7, 2016, 7:57:31 AM9/7/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I'm trying to replicate this tutorial using ipv6 instead ipv4. I change the host type in WirelessHost6 and use FlatConfigurator6. When HostA try to send packet to HostB, model says:

Reachability State is INCOMPLETE. Address Resolution already initiated.
Add packet to entry's queue until Address Resolution is complete.

And this for every packet HostA send in the simulation.

This is my .ned file (Vehicle is a subclass of WirelessHost6):

network WirelessA

{

    parameters:

        string hostType = default("Vehicle");

        string mediumType = default("IdealRadioMedium");

        @display("bgb=650,500;bgg=100,1,grey95");

        @figure[title](type=label; pos=0,-1; anchor=sw; color=darkblue);

        @figure[rcvdPkText](type=indicatorText; pos=120,20; anchor=w; font=,20; textFormat="packets received: %g"; initialValue=0);

        @statistic[rcvdPk](source=hostB_rcvdPk; record=figure(count); targetFigure=rcvdPkText);

        @signal[hostB_rcvdPk];

        @delegatesignal[rcvdPk](source=hostB.udpApp[0].rcvdPk; target=hostB_rcvdPk);

    submodules:

        visualizer: IntegratedCanvasVisualizer {

            @display("p=580,125");

        }

        configurator: FlatNetworkConfigurator6 {

            @display("p=580,200");

        }

        radioMedium: <mediumType> like IRadioMedium {

            @display("p=580,275");

        }

        figureHelper: DelegateSignalConfigurator {

            @display("p=580,350");

        }

        hostA: Vehicle {

            parameters:

            @display("p=50,325");

        }

        hostB: Vehicle {

            parameters:

            @display("p=450,325");

        }

}

and this is my .ini file:

[General]

description = Two hosts communicating wirelessly

network = WirelessA

sim-time-limit = 25s

**.neighbourDiscovery.minIntervalBetweenRAs = 0.03s #MinRtrAdvInterval (RFC 3775),applicable when MIPv6Support is true

**.neighbourDiscovery.maxIntervalBetweenRAs = 0.07s #3 ;MaxRtrAdvInterval (RFC 3775),applicable when MIPv6Support is true

*.hostA.numUdpApps = 1

*.hostA.udpApp[0].typename = "UDPBasicApp"

*.hostA.udpApp[0].destAddresses = "hostB"

*.hostA.udpApp[0].destPort = 5000

*.hostA.udpApp[0].messageLength = 1000B

*.hostA.udpApp[0].sendInterval = exponential(12ms)

*.hostA.udpApp[0].packetName = "UDPData"

*.hostB.numUdpApps = 1

*.hostB.udpApp[0].typename = "UDPSink"

*.hostB.udpApp[0].localPort = 5000

*.host*.wlan[0].typename = "IdealWirelessNic"

*.host*.wlan[0].mac.useAck = false

*.host*.wlan[0].mac.fullDuplex = false

*.host*.wlan[0].radio.transmitter.communicationRange = 500m

*.host*.wlan[0].radio.receiver.ignoreInterference = true

*.host*.**.bitrate = 1Mbps

*.host*.forwarding = true

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my english.

Jonathan

Rudolf Hornig

Sep 9, 2016, 4:58:24 AM9/9/16
to OMNeT++ Users
If you are unfamiliar with OMNeT+ I suggest start with the tic-toc tutorial and some reading of the manual. At least the first few chapters that deals with INI and NED files. After that wireles tutorial can be a good starting point as it shows how to set up an adhoc network with a dynamic routing protocol. As soon as you have a network that uses standard AODV you can start tinkering with the code in the routing folder to modify it to your needs.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

wx1...@my.bristol.ac.uk

Oct 3, 2016, 12:07:36 PM10/3/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks a lot for the tutorials Rudolf! I have gone through those tutorials and some parts of the simulation manual. Now I'm using some Transport layer and Network layer mudules from INET in Veins. For example, I would like to use IUDP as the transport layer for Veins: I modified the Car.ned file in Veins, adding UDP related submodules as follows and changing connections accordingly. However, no matter how I modified it, problems just kept coming up. Could you please give me some suggestions on how to implement UDP and TCP in veins?

udpApp[numUdpApps]: <> like IUDPApp {
            parameters:
                @display("p=329,54,row,60");
        }
  udp: <udpType> like IUDP {
            parameters:
                @display("p=60,166");
        }

Thanks a lot!!

 udp: <udpType> like org.car2x.veins.nodes.IUDP {
            parameters:
                @display("p=60,166");

        }

ferdian yunazar

Oct 26, 2016, 5:38:48 AM10/26/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi I would like to simulate UWB-IR 802154a network. Can I just used this tutorial as the basic and modify it into UWB networks?
Would you mind to tell me which module should I change it first?

Thanks!

Talib Abbas

Oct 29, 2016, 5:26:55 AM10/29/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi
I am using INET wireless tutorial and need some help
at [Config Wireless03]
omnet shows me warning message on line

network = wirelessB

the error says

network already specified in wireless01 config

I know it is defined but I want to override it, how to do that

Talib Abbas

Oct 29, 2016, 6:41:08 AM10/29/16
to OMNeT++ Users
ok, when i run simulation, it says error in inet
when I click proceed, it continues and run my simulation but
hostA is still transmitting msg to hostB while communication range is reduced to 250m

please help

asma Husaini

Nov 1, 2016, 2:52:53 AM11/1/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, I am new with omnetpp and I have a project title is wireless mesh network for my university so can you help me sample  mesh topology and how i simulate that in omnetpp 5
B.R

Iqra Khalid

Nov 12, 2016, 10:43:05 AM11/12/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, can u please help me out
i want to calculate link reliabilty, cost and also residual energy between nodes.

Maria Nelago Kanyama

Nov 12, 2016, 4:07:38 PM11/12/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi all, i m getting this error when i m trying to connect my project with crypto++, what does it mean? the error: Path must include project and resource name: /cryptopp

Sneha Mishra

Nov 20, 2016, 12:01:39 AM11/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Can I use omnet++ simulator for a 3 dimensional wireless scenario. If yes, kindly suggest how to do the same (I have some knowledge related to 2D scenario).

Rudolf Hornig

Nov 23, 2016, 5:54:48 AM11/23/16
to OMNeT++ Users

On Sunday, 20 November 2016 06:01:39 UTC+1, Sneha Mishra wrote:
Can I use omnet++ simulator for a 3 dimensional wireless scenario. If yes, kindly suggest how to do the same (I have some knowledge related to 2D scenario).

You have to provide Z coordinates in your mobility model. Other than that, everything is the same.

Sneha Mishra

Nov 30, 2016, 2:23:08 AM11/30/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rudolf for your reply. Are you suggesting something like this in NED file- @display("p=$x,$y,$z"); ?
Message has been deleted

Bogdan Krivokapic

Dec 3, 2016, 2:34:31 PM12/3/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Sir,

I need to implement custom MAC for wireless that needs runtime changes of currently used wireless channel in 2.4GHz band. Before i go into INET further i need to know is this even possible? Can you please inform me can i change wireless channel,modulation rate,transmit power per packet basis. I searched briefly through source code and i can not find anything.
Thank you

François-Xavier Baudonnière

Dec 7, 2016, 3:01:43 AM12/7/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello everybody,
I would like to know if it is possible to simulate a radio frequency transmission between two modules only for the application layer using INET?
And do you know what protocols INET supports?

Thank you for your answer,

FX

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 7, 2016, 5:35:05 PM12/7/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I don't understand. You need the lower protocols.

And respect the supported protocols, network protocols? mac protocols?

Dec 8, 2016, 3:10:18 AM12/8/16
to OMNeT++ Users

I am trying to understand how the inet MAC layer is working. I have run the example testnewmac and in the statistics module there are some fields that are showing numsent and numgivenup.
I need to find packet loss ratio. But when i run the simulation client is sending messages to the server but the numsent is constantly zero for some time. I dont undersatnd how it is working. PLease help me out.

On Monday, 20 June 2016 20:48:09 UTC+5, Rudolf Hornig wrote:
Screenshot from 2016-12-08 13:09:16.png

François-Xavier Baudonnière

Dec 8, 2016, 3:43:47 AM12/8/16
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Hey,

My project is a sender sends a message to a receiver that sends back a response. But I would like to simulate this exchange only for the application layer (not for the other layers), so I wanted to know if this was possible?

akshay kyatam

Dec 12, 2016, 11:29:56 PM12/12/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Is their a tutorials for wired connection. Specially for optical WDM networks. Or which samples I can use for it.

Bogdan Krivokapic

Dec 18, 2016, 6:27:51 AM12/18/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Rudolf,

Can you help me with modulations in this tutorial? It says: In this step, we replace IdealRadio with APSKScalarRadioAPSKScalarRadio models a radio with an APSK (amplitude and phase-shift keying) modulation scheme. By default it uses BPSK, but QPSK, QAM-16, QAM-64, QAM-256 and several other modulations can also be configured.
I use two hosts communicating directly and all i want to is to change modulation and observe max bitrate. I used constant traffic from UDPBasicApp with sendInterval 1ms. But if i use BPSK i get same bitrate as with QAM-16. How is this possible?

Wian Virgi

Jan 14, 2017, 11:03:35 AM1/14/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hai everybody

Could you help me how make throughput meter and recovery time in statistic after simulation? I just found end to end delay and packet loss...
How to analisis they all? In end to end delay used mean vector I just see 1 node have value from my simulation but when In packet loss I see every node in my simulation but just some node have value...
Anybody can explain to me.. I'm so confused.. Please help me my project almost done.. So need your help all... Please...

Thank you before...

mohamed habib

Dec 21, 2018, 7:16:55 PM12/21/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I have installed INETv.4 with omnet++ v5.4 but I got 100 warnings and when I launched the wireless tutorials it give me the following error:

<!> Cannot add statistic 'packetReceived' to module WirelessA (NED type: inet.tutorials.wireless.WirelessA): Error in source=hostB.udpApp[0].packetReceived: Signal 'packetReceived' is not declared on type 'inet.applications.udpapp.UDPSink' (you can turn off or force this check by setting checkSignals=false/true) -- in module (omnetpp::cModule) WirelessA (id=1), during network setup

I can't understand where to fix that, so could you help

Shamil Saharudin

Jul 18, 2019, 3:01:10 PM7/18/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, the link seems dead, can you update the link provided please? I'm new with OMNET++ and its difficult to find tutorials online. Thank you in advance.

Jewel

Oct 31, 2019, 5:34:16 PM10/31/19
to OMNeT++ Users

Vasudhashri Vijayaragavan

Dec 13, 2019, 6:52:18 AM12/13/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Mr. Hornig,

Can you please provide the link for Wireless Tutorial. The link given in above thread doesn't work anymore. Thankyou.

Jewel

Dec 13, 2019, 4:53:25 PM12/13/19
to OMNeT++ Users
However, here you can design only. Writing a .cc file is not included.