STEP - 4 from Veins Tutorial

Odilbek Urmonov

Aug 9, 2016, 11:57:01 PM8/9/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear all,

I did not understand the 4th step in veins tutorial. There was stated like this ->

Step 4: Make sure SUMO is working

In the OMNeT++ MinGW command line window, you should be able to have SUMO simulate an example scenario by changing the current directory to /c/Users/user/src/veins-4.4/examples/veins/ using cd ../veins-4.4/examples/veins and running

/c/Users/user/src/sumo-0.25.0/bin/sumo.exe -c erlangen.sumo.cfg

So could anybody explain this process more detailed please ?

Thanks for help !

Best Regards Odil,

Rens van der Heijden

Aug 10, 2016, 3:48:38 AM8/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
All you do here is test that sumo works. There's nothing else to do, just observe that sumo does not produce an error.

Odilbek Urmonov

Aug 10, 2016, 5:26:09 AM8/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Here is what I am doing. I am running MinGW from omnet++ and entering this dictionary d/sumo-0.25.0/bin/sumo.exe -c erlangen.sumo.cfg. As far as I understand, this " erlangen.sumo.cfg" file is located inside the veins folder.
So when run it I am getting this error "sumo.cfg Error: Could not access configuration 'erlangen.sumo.cfg'.Quitting (on error)."
For making you more aware about my situation, here I am uploading the screen shot of terminal.

So am I doing wrong?

thanks for upcoming answers, folk

screenshots.jpg

Rens van der Heijden

Aug 10, 2016, 5:32:02 AM8/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
please read what the tutorial says:
"by changing the current directory to /c/Users/user/src/veins-4.4/examples/veins/"

unfortunately it is required to execute sumo in the directory where the config file is located, because the paths specified in that file are relative.

Mehrdad

Oct 8, 2016, 3:42:26 AM10/8/16
to OMNeT++ Users
still having problem with this,
cannot run the cfg file ..

Christoph Sommer

Oct 18, 2016, 11:04:02 AM10/18/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Mehrdad wrote:
> still having problem with this,
> cannot run the cfg file ..

Can you tell me what the tutorial step you are attempting described,
what you did, what you expected to happen, and what happened instead?

Best,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Sommer