Traci Server Sumo version API not supported

Sanjeeth

Jul 28, 2016, 2:58:23 PM7/28/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello All,

I am facing the below error while working on Ubuntu.

<!> Error in module (TraCIScenarioManagerLaunchd) scenario.manager (id=3) at event #4, t=0: Model error: TraCI server "SUMO 0.24.0" reports API version 10. This server is unsupported..

TRAPPING on the exception above, due to a debug-on-errors=true configuration option. Is your debugger ready?

Simulation terminated with exit code: 133
Working directory: /home/sanjeeth/inetmanet-2.0/examples/traci_launchd
Command line: opp_run -r 0 -n ..:../../src -l ../../src/inet omnetpp.ini

Environment variables:
PATH=/home/sanjeeth/omnetpp/omnetpp-4.4/bin::/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/home/sanjeeth/omnetpp/omnetpp-4.4/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/sanjeeth/omnetpp/omnetpp-4.4/lib::/home/sanjeeth/inetmanet-2.0/src:
OMNETPP_IMAGE_PATH=/home/sanjeeth/omnetpp/omnetpp-4.4/images

The same setup works fine in windows however the system used to lag and I had to move the entire setup to Ubuntu 14.04.

I am using OmNet 4.6, Veins 4.4, Sumo(tried all version from 19 to 27). I have gone through the forum for previously provided solutions but none of them helped. I tried changing the TraciScenarioManager.cc and .h too but the build failed. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Pablo

Jul 29, 2016, 9:46:29 AM7/29/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I am using Omnet 4.6, Veins 4.4 and sumo 0.25.

According to the following link, Veins 4.4 requires SUMO 0.25.0 (or later??)

Check the version actually in use:
    $ sumo --version

Check the SUMO_HOME and PATH environment variables, and the directories too:
    $ which sumo
    $ echo $SUMO_HOME

Although it is possible to have several versions of SUMO installed, it is recommended to uninstall all the previously installed versions before install a new one:

    $ sudo apt-get remove sumo
    $ sudo apt-get purge sumo

If sumo is still there perhaps the problem is that you installed sumo with "make install", and that moved the commands to /usr/local/bin:

    $ cd .../sumo_xxx
    $ ./configure
    $ make
    $ sudo make install    <----

Go to the sources directory again and uninstall it with:

    $ cd .../sumo_xxx
    $ sudo make uninstall

Perhaps you'll need to manually remove some binary files in /usr/local/bin or directories.

Regards

Pablo

Sanjeeth

Jul 29, 2016, 1:56:17 PM7/29/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Pablo,

I am using Sumo 0.25.

Given below is the output of the commands.

sanjeeth@sanjeeth-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC:~$ which sumo
/usr/local/bin/sumo
sanjeeth@sanjeeth-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC:~$ echo $SUMO_HOME

sanjeeth@sanjeeth-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC:~$

SUMO_HOME is empty. Where do I make changes for these?

I uninstalled sumo and installed it again with the set of commands you provided.

$ sudo apt-get remove sumo
    $ sudo apt-get purge sumo

$ cd .../sumo_xxx
    $ ./configure
    $ make
    $ sudo make install

Still I get the same error.

"TraCI server "SUMO 0.25.0" reports API version 10. This server is unsupported.."

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Pablo

Aug 2, 2016, 4:01:27 AM8/2/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Are you sure that you have using Veins 4.4?

In the TraCIScenarioManager.cc is where the error you say is launched. If apiVersion is 10 it is ok.

void TraCIScenarioManager::init_traci() {

{

if (apiVersion == 10) {

MYDEBUG << "TraCI server \"" << serverVersion << "\" reports API version " << apiVersion << endl;

}

else {

error("TraCI server \"%s\" reports API version %d, which is unsupported. We recommend using SUMO 0.25.0.", serverVersion.c_str(), apiVersion);

}

}

Sanjeeth

Aug 2, 2016, 5:09:42 AM8/2/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Yes I am using veins 4.4. Also I had made the following change in my TraCIScenarioManager.cc

void TraCIScenarioManager::init_traci()
{
    {
        std::pair<uint32_t, std::string> version = TraCIScenarioManager::commandGetVersion();
        uint32_t apiVersion = version.first;
        std::string serverVersion = version.second;

        if ((apiVersion == 3) || (apiVersion == 5) || (apiVersion == 6) || (apiVersion == 7))
        {
            MYDEBUG << "TraCI server \"" << serverVersion << "\" reports API version " << apiVersion << endl;
        }
        else
        {
            error("TraCI server \"%s\" reports API version %d. This server is unsupported.", serverVersion.c_str(),
                    apiVersion);
        }

    }

I also tried veins 3.0 but still couldn't get past the error. Now I am using veins lte master along with sumo 21. At least for this setup I am not getting the error. If you could find a solution it will be of help and informative to others too.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

Sanjeeth

Aug 10, 2016, 6:32:05 AM8/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello All,

After making the following change in the configure file my issue was resolved

"open file "configure" and change: am__api_version='1.13' to am__api_version='1.14'"

Hope this will be of help for someone.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

ferra adelinna

Apr 11, 2017, 9:32:13 AM4/11/17
to OMNeT++ Users
hello, sanjeeth i have same problem with you. i use sumo 0.25

i've also tried your solution as change am__api version and reconfiguring and re make sumo. but nothin gonna changed.
please help me, everyone
thank you

Pada Jumat, 29 Juli 2016 01.58.23 UTC+7, Sanjeeth menulis:
Hello All,
I am facing the below error while working on Ubuntu.
.0, and got error reports API version 10.

Sanjeeth Baptist Menezes

Apr 11, 2017, 9:35:42 AM4/11/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Which OS are you running your setup? Version of omnet?

Regards,
Sanjeeth

ferra adelinna

Apr 11, 2017, 9:49:22 PM4/11/17
to OMNeT++ Users
hello sanjeeth,

i'm using Omnet++ 4.6, veins-lte, OS ubuntu 12.04 - LTS.
the erorr report was API 10 unsupported. when i was check on the file TraCIScenarioManager.cc , the requires API is 2 or 3.
in other hand, in veins-lte website the prerequisitem is sumo 0.25.0.
so, what version of sumo should i run?

thankyou for give your attention.

Sanjeeth Baptist Menezes

Apr 12, 2017, 6:30:36 AM4/12/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You could try running with omnet 4.4. generally the error is due to version mismatch between omnet sumo and veins. This should solve your issue. If not you could try running sumo 0.21. Wish you success.

Regards,
Sanjeeth

ferra adelinna

Apr 12, 2017, 6:22:59 PM4/12/17
to OMNeT++ Users
excuse me, the library package og veins-lte needs omnet++-4.6 and sumo 0.25.0, am i still have to change my omnet++, however, i'll try to change my sumo version as 0.21.0

http://veins-lte.car2x.org/installation/

Sanjeeth Baptist Menezes

Apr 13, 2017, 3:43:32 AM4/13/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that. It's been a while since I worked with omnet and veins.