Where to report a Java error related to SWT and GTK?

Rayner Pires

Sep 11, 2017, 5:59:47 PM9/11/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I am having too much error while handling my simulation results. When I am changing my chart's properties, the Omnet++ frequently crashes.

Analyzing the Java Error Stack I can see errors in GTK or SWT, but I do not understand where I should file a bug report.

I've uploaded the Java Error Stack so someone can see the traces and help me to decide where to submit these bug and trace to.

I hope someone can help me.

Att.,
Rayner.
hs_err_pid469.log

Attila Török

Sep 13, 2017, 9:33:11 AM9/13/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Rayner,

This looks like a bug in OMNeT++, since there are classes in the org.omnetpp package on the stack (ResultFileManager, ScaveEditor, EditAction, etc.).
However, there's a chance that it is already fixed internally OR it will never be fixed, because we are in the process of a significant overhaul regarding result processing and analysis using the IDE. András talked about this on the Community Summit just a few days ago, see the slides for his presentation here: https://summit.omnetpp.org/2017/assets/pdf/OMNET-2017-Session_4-03-Presentation.pdf
If you're interested, I would also recommend checking out the draft for a new tutorial in this topic, linked on slide 14.

Thank you for reporting!

Attila

Rayner Pires

Sep 14, 2017, 9:42:19 AM9/14/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Attila Török for your answer.

I'll read the material. I think it will be of a great help.

Regards,

--
Rayner Pires <rayn...@gmail.com>
PhD student in Computer Science