Using Veins and INET for VANET simulation

Seth Troxler

Jul 20, 2016, 12:32:38 AM7/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi All,

I am new to OMNeT++ and currently trying to integrate the mobility simulations in veins with AODV routing in the INET framework to create a VANET. I can get veins mobility simulations working in OMNeT, but anytime I try and attach an AODV router or AdhocHost to the "car" created by the veins TraCI module I run into issues.

Is there a way for me to integrate these two? Or simply put, to use the TraCI mobility module with INET modules such as AODV Router?

Thank you very much!
-Seth

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 20, 2016, 3:39:19 AM7/20/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I have tried to integrate trci in inetmanet-3.x and it runs, but the nodes created by traci aren’t show in the ide, you can run the simulations but you cannot see the position of the nodes in the IDE

Seth Troxler

Jul 20, 2016, 11:12:24 PM7/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Alfonso,

Thank you for the reply. Do you recall what steps you took or what files you changed/created to integrate Traci into inetmanet?

Thank you!

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 21, 2016, 3:51:40 AM7/21/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You can download the modifications and the files from github

https://github.com/aarizaq/inetmanet-2.0/tree/inetmanet-3.0

Seth Troxler

Jul 21, 2016, 5:13:06 PM7/21/16
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com