RecordScalar - RecordStatistic not called - cFileOutputScalarManager - No SCA File

Alberto Glatz

Oct 19, 2016, 11:21:54 AM10/19/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello everybody,

i have an issue here which I really like to understand. I try to  embed OMNET in my own main. I have my own MyEnvirBase and MyEnv which are at the moment identical to EnvirBase and Cmdenv.

I wrote my own main function, basically using the code in startup.cc and then using my own environment class. As I have MyEnvirBase, i had to modify cFileOutputScalarManager, cIndexedFileOutputManager and als snapshoitmanager because of TypeCast in these classes.

In fact, i can run a simulation and i think i have now the flexibility to make changes to manage simulation run with external inputs, for example in steps. But one problem is that signal based statistic collection seem not to work for scalar statistics.

I have been debugging it in detail. The signals are generated and values are collected by resultRecorder with their collect() method. But anyhow MyEnvirBase::recordScalar and  MyEnvirBase::recordStatistics are not called in the end of the simulation.Therefore, the collected values are not recorded as a scalar statistic with their filter.

I appreciate any hints or ideas about the reason.
Regards

Alberto