Veins-LTE Heterogeneous example explanation

Echo

Jan 22, 2016, 11:17:13 PM1/22/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello Guys,

I am really fresh in omnet and simulators. After working on an idea for a while, now I want to implement it. However, I want to simulate vehicular sensor networks where all of the vehicles are capable of 802.11p communication, but not all of them maintain cell network connectivity. Omnet and veins-lte seem like a good start. But, is the veins-lte heterogeneous example doing both, 802.11p and lte? I can see that nodes communicate with the tower, but I cannot see whether the nodes are directly communicating among themselves using the 802.11p interface. Is that a case? Also, how can I make just some of the nodes to communicate with the BS ?

p.s I am using omnet 4.4, since omnet 4.6 throws me errors when I run the heterogeneous example. At the beginning it runs fine, but after a while it crashes. Same thing happens if i press "FastRun" If you maybe know what can be the cause for this please share that. Here is the error that I get:
"
<!> Error in module (LteMacUe) scenario.node[1].nic.mac (id=104) at event #2381, t=0.609: H-ARQ TX: fb is not for the pdu in this unit, maybe the addressed one was dropped.

TRAPPING on the exception above, due to a debug-on-errors=true configuration option. Is your debugger ready?

Simulation terminated with exit code: 133"

ps.ps. You can eve suggest me some starting points that you personally wanted when you were starting with this. Other recommendations and alternatives of veins-lte are also welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Juan j

Jun 21, 2017, 1:20:45 PM6/21/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello.

Could you share me the files that you used to simulate  vehicular network with the heterogeneous (802.11p and LTE) example please? What version of omnet and sumo you used? Please help me.