Error in installing INET in Omnetpp-5.1 Preview3

Siva Ramakrishna

Feb 17, 2017, 1:29:00 AM2/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I installed Omnetpp-5.1 Preview3.I went to workbench and INET checkbox and pressed install,but getting xml error.Not able to install INET.Can anybody help me?

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 20, 2017, 9:35:31 AM2/20/17
to OMNeT++ Users
At the moment INET 3.5 =that will be OMNET 5.1 compatible) is not yet released, so that's why the automatic download/install feature is not yet activated for OMNET 5.1.

The INET 3.5 is coming soon (along with OMNET 5.1)

Siva Ramakrishna

Feb 22, 2017, 11:37:40 AM2/22/17
to OMNeT++ Users

I installed Omnet++4.4.1.I selected INET check box and click install.I got error 'Installing Project' has encountered a problem.Cannot download archive from: http://omnetpp.org/download/contrib/models/inet-2.4.0-src.tgz.Please help me

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Feb 23, 2017, 4:39:49 AM2/23/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

https://github.com/inet-framework/inet

This works with the omnet 5.1rc1

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 23, 2017, 5:59:22 AM2/23/17
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
True, INET 3.5 is now activated for OMNET 5.1.

Additionally regarding the report that  http://omnetpp.org/download/contrib/models/inet-2.4.0-src.tgz iz not downloaded: I have fixed this too. Since we moved to HTTPS on the omnet site all request to HTTP are redirected to the corresponding URL with HTTPS. Unfortunately OMNET still used HTTP addresses but it was unable to handle the redirect requests. Long story short, I have changed the INET download URLS for all old version of OMNET to use HTTPS so every version should now work properly...

Siva Ramakrishna

Feb 28, 2017, 6:52:28 AM2/28/17
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
I got the errors in building INET 2,6,0

Description Resource Path Location Type
Program "g++" not found in PATH Preferences, C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem
Description Resource Path Location Type
Program "gcc" not found in PATH Preferences, C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem
Please help

Siva Ramakrishna

Apr 27, 2017, 6:29:01 AM4/27/17
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Thank you for your answer

Amine Dahane

Oct 17, 2017, 9:00:04 PM10/17/17
to OMNeT++ Users
the same problem in Omnet ++ 5.2 i installed INET 3.6.2 !!!

Rudolf Hornig

Oct 18, 2017, 9:01:47 AM10/18/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Do you have any kind of firewall/proxy where you try this?

As a workaround, you can just download INET from the website, extract it and the import into OMNeT++.
Rudolf

Jin yang

Dec 3, 2017, 4:26:48 PM12/3/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Radolf,

I installed Omnet++ 5.2 on Win 7(64 bit) and Inet 3.6.2. But I have a problem. I could not compile the inet, and the error appear in the initialize!

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 4, 2017, 1:18:57 PM12/4/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The features are disabled

Project->properties->OMNeT++->Project features,

You need to include the packets that you need.