INET energy consumption with IEEE 802.15.4

707 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

JN

ulæst,
25. apr. 2016, 05.47.1425.04.2016
til omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am currently trying to add state based energy consumption to a simple 802.15.4 network with two WirelessHost nodes.

I originally had a functioning 802.11 wireless network using the following power consumption and storage:
*.host*.wlan[*].typename = "IdealWirelessNic"
*.mediumType = "IdealRadioMedium"

**.
hasStatus = true
**.energyConsumerType = "StateBasedEnergyConsumer"
*.host*.energyStorageType = "SimpleEnergyStorage"
*.host*.energyStorage.nominalCapacity = 0.05J
*.host*.energyStorage.nodeShutdownCapacity = 0J
*.host*.energyStorage.nodeStartCapacity = 0.5 * this.nominalCapacity
*.host*.energyStorage.initialCapacity = uniform(0J, this.nominalCapacity)

I extended the 802.11 code and changed the NIC and radio medium to the corresponding 802.15.4 modules:
*.host*.wlan[*].typename = "Ieee802154NarrowbandNic"
*.host*.wlan[*].radio.transmitter.preambleDuration = 0s
*.mediumType = "Ieee802154NarrowbandScalarRadioMedium"
**.bitrate = 250kbps

After extending the code with the 802.15.4 modules the OMNeT++ simulation gives the following error:
Error in module (inet::physicallayer::StateBasedEnergyConsumer) WSNetworkA.hostA.wlan[0].radio.energyConsumer (id=36) during network initialization: Cannot find power source.

Does the 802.15.4 models require me to manually specify the energySourceModule? I tried the following based on the INET PowerNetwork example:
**.energySourceModule = "^.energyStorage"
but it did not fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

PHD

ulæst,
26. apr. 2016, 18.05.4826.04.2016
til OMNeT++ Users
i work with inet, i want also to plot energy consumption but i have problem in this line :**.energyConsumerType = "StateBasedEnergyConsumer"

PHD

ulæst,
26. apr. 2016, 18.06.4226.04.2016
til OMNeT++ Users
i have the same problem

Le lundi 25 avril 2016 11:47:14 UTC+2, JN a écrit :

JN

ulæst,
27. apr. 2016, 02.21.4227.04.2016
til omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I made a slight change to the Ieee802154NarrowbandNic.ned-file in INET ( inet/src/inet/linklayer/ieee802154/Ieee802154NarrowbandNic.ned ) based on the WirelessNic. In the parameters I added the following:
parameters:
string energySourceModule;
*.energySourceModule = default(absPath(energySourceModule));

This removed my error where the power source could not be found. Don't forget to rebuild INET after making changes to the INET files.

Gustavo Troiano

ulæst,
27. apr. 2016, 20.08.1227.04.2016
til OMNeT++ Users
Hi guys.

Do you know if INET implements IEEE802.15.4g (SUN)?

Thanks.

akash soni

ulæst,
28. jun. 2016, 07.48.2428.06.2016
til OMNeT++ Users
I got same problem in AODVsmallnetworks.ned
please help!!!
thanks

Bosung Kim

ulæst,
17. jan. 2018, 22.48.4417.01.2018
til omn...@googlegroups.com
Have u run the example in the power located in the wireless folder?

The power example uses "SimpleEpEnergyStorage" and it runs correctly

I also changed "SimpleEpEnergyStorage" to "IdealEpEnergyStorage", used in the tutorial, and ran the power example again

But I could not see any energy consumption as you said

So I think the problem is due to "IdealEpEnergyStorage"

I took a look at IdealEpEnergyStorage.cc and think it's not a complete code

Anyway use "SimpleEpEnergyStorage" instead of "IdealEpEnergyStorage" and it would work

We can get the almost same result using the initial energy storage value

For example, if you set the initial energy storage value as 10

By calculating -1 * (10 - (residual energy)), we can get the almost same graph as the tutorial shows

OR

I think we need to modify IdealEpEnergyStorage.cc
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye opslag