iCanCloud Simulator problem

Q Ricky

Jun 2, 2013, 9:19:29 AM6/2/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I came across a problem when I execute a simulation in iCanCloud.
I got error message:

<!> Error during startup: Could not start user interface 'Cmdenv'
User interface 'Cmdenv' not found (not linked in or loaded dynamically).
Available ones are:

Can anyone help?
thanks a lot!

Q Ricky

Jun 15, 2013, 12:13:59 AM6/15/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I`ve solved..........

在 2013年6月3日星期一UTC+12上午1时19分29秒,Q Ricky写道:

Shawgi Mahmoud

Oct 7, 2013, 7:54:22 AM10/7/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi my brother i m facing problem with installing i can cloud simulator is icancloud work with windows 7 or it should be under linux this is the first question .
the second one is:
 is it compulsory for i can cloud to work under fedora 13 or it can work under fedora 19?
please help i m facing alot of problems ?

Q Ricky

Oct 13, 2013, 7:57:04 AM10/13/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi brother
icancloud can not be installed on windows now. but it could be installed on ubuntu or fedora.
if u finish installing on ubuntu, u will find the installation guide may be in "doc" folder.
by the way.....are u from AUT project?
unfortunately, the official site has been shut down.

Shawgi Mahmoud

Oct 16, 2013, 3:16:09 AM10/16/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
thank you for your answer i want to configure omnet before installing it but it give me the following warning :
checking if --export-dynamic linker option is supported/needed... no solution found
configure: WARNING: No way was
 detected to export symbols from executables to shared
configure: WARNING: libraries. You probably will not be able
 to dynamically load
configure: WARNING: simple modules or other extensions written in C++ into simulation
configure
: WARNING: programs like INET.

what does that mean ? and why inet doesnt can not be installed

Shawgi Mahmoud

Michael Kirsche

Oct 17, 2013, 7:49:43 AM10/17/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
It simply means that the configure script tested if your compiler/linker setting supports the export of symbols / inclusion of symbols from shared libraries and every test failed.

That means that you cannot use INET, because the INET build process is constructed in a way that INET is compiled as a shared library and then linked against your own simulation programs.

So you have to check why your compiler/linker setup doesn't allow this in contrast to the usual case.
Check your Linux configuration... I never experienced this error under different Ubuntu versions or distributions, what Linux are you using?

Shawgi Mahmoud

Oct 20, 2013, 9:10:40 AM10/20/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
i use fedora 13 ,but how can i check my linux configuration?im beginner in fedora

Michael Kirsche

Oct 20, 2013, 4:48:57 PM10/20/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I never used Fedora, so I have no idea. Search the web...
My suggestion is to check the rest of the ./configure script output, maybe there is something else wrong too, that leads to a specific problem. Check if you are using g++ for the linker call, maybe your setup is suggesting a different linker / compiler...

Shawgi Mahmoud

Nov 9, 2013, 3:05:34 AM11/9/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi brother it looks like you use icancloud simulator ,please help me im facing this error when i want to launch icancloud simulator as local c application
OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation  (C) 1992-2010 Andras Varga, OpenSim Ltd.
Version: 4.1, build: 100611-4b63c38, edition: Academic Public License -- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
See the license for distribution terms and warranty disclaimer

<!> Error during startup: Cannot open ini file `omnetpp.ini'.

End.

Shawgi Mahmoud

Shawgi Mahmoud

Nov 10, 2013, 9:39:31 PM11/10/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi brother you dont answer my question please i need help i have no time please answer me as soon as possible
Message has been deleted

Winston Hong

Nov 14, 2013, 11:32:29 AM11/14/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shawgi.

Thank you very much for your kindly support on my answer to the RG question "Which is the best simulator for cloud computing?".

I failed to reply your message regarding to "<!> Error during startup: Cannot open ini file `omnetpp.ini'." from ResearchGate mailbox yesterday and today. Therefore, I answer your question here.

I give my suggestion on the simulation issue of iCanCloud as follows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) "Launch as c local application" means "run the executable file for c local application".
To run the executable, you need an omnetpp.ini file. Without it, you will get the following error:
OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation (C) 1992-2010 1992-2005 Andras Varga  [....]

<!> Error during startup: Cannot open ini file `omnetpp.ini'

This means that maybe omnetpp.ini never exists, then you need to create a ini file by yourself.

(2) Check the directory/folder which includes OverSim.exe, to make sure that ini file "omnetpp.ini" exists under the same directory.
(2a) If so, just type ./OverSim.exe to run /OverSim.exe (Please do NOT use the launching shortcut to run OverSim.exe
Then you can use Notepad++ (will be discussed later) to view omnetpp.ini to make sure that iCanCloud is included.
(2b) If you can  NOT find ini file "omnetpp.ini", then you can use Notepad++ (will be discussed later) to create a very simple omnetpp.ini under the same directory/folder where OverSim.exe exists
Create the following very simple omnetpp.ini:
[General]
network = iCanCloud

Please check the user manaul of iCanCloud package to add more configuration details into the above ini file.
Note that one function of the ini file is to tell which network to simulate (there might be more than one network definitions in the NED files).
This means that "network = iCanCloud" means that you must make sure that you have corresponding NED file for iCanCloud (Please read more details in the Step 5 later).

(3) Software that will open or convert INI files
I recommend using Notepad++ to open/edit omnetpp.ini file, as shown in the following link.

(4) Please read the quick tutorial on OMNeT++ (provided by the following link) to understand the relationship between OMNeT++ and iCanCloud.
My short comment on the relationship between OMNeT++ and iCanCloud:
OMNeT++ provides the basic machinery and tools to write simulations, but itself it does not provide any components specifically for computer network simulations, queueing network simulations, system architecture simulations or any other area. Instead, these application areas are supported by various simulation models and frameworks such as iCanCloud.
iCanCloud is developed completely independent of OMNeT++, and follow its own release cycles.
This means that you need to create a specific ini file "omnetpp.ini" to configure the simulation environment for iCanCloud, as discussed above.

(5) Currently, iCanCloud provides different applications to be launched by users. Each application consists of a set of parameters that define the behavior of such application. Moreover, new applications can be added to the application repository of iCanCloud.
The folder that contains the collection of applications is ~/omnetpp-4.X/iCanCloud/src/Applications/Apps
Each application is located in a separated folder. Thus, three different files must be written to create an application.
(5a) Definition of the application (.ned file)
For more details of .ned language, please read chapter 3: The NED language of the manual provided by OMNeT++ framework ~/omnetpp-4.X/doc/Manual.pdf
(5b) Headers (.h file)
This file contains the function headers of the application.
(5c) Implementation (.cc file)
This file contains the implementation of each function contained in the headers file.

(6) The following link provides the user manual of OMNeT++.
You can read the section "9 Configuring Simulations" for OMNeT++.
I am not an expert of OMNeT++. Most of time, I use OPNET (another parallel network simulator with OMNeT++) for network simulation.
Currently I work on Apache Hadoop (real-world cloud computing platform instead of cloud simulator).
I provide an answer to the RG question "Which one is better: CloudSim or Hadoop?"
https://www.researchgate.net/post/Which_one_is_better_CloudSim_or_Hadoop
Maybe your friends from control engineering field will be interested in the discussions on the control system design approaches as shown by the following RG link.
https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_are_trends_in_control_theory_and_its_applications_in_physical_systems_from_a_research_point_of_view2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I provide the above comments based on my best knowledge on iCanCloud/OMNeT++.

With best regards,

Winston Hong

Shawgi Mahmoud

Nov 25, 2013, 3:31:13 AM11/25/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
thank you my brother for your details answer i have done as you said and i follow your guide even i created simple omnetpp.ini as you suggested but still the problem is there nothing happen so please help me i have lack of time please help me as soon as possible .
 im waiting you my brother .
best regards
shawgi

Shawgi Mahmoud

Shawgi Mahmoud

Dec 3, 2013, 3:19:29 AM12/3/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
i have same problem please can you tell me how did you solve it ?

swati...@sify.com

Feb 12, 2014, 5:59:57 AM2/12/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi sir,

since u r using omnetpp and iCanCloud simulator, can u solve this-
my problem is that configure shows using Expat for XML parsing, but
still when i build icancloud in omnetpp-4.1, it gives me the following error-
/usr/bin/ld: ../out/gcc-debug/src/Util/expatmm-1.0.2/src/ExpatXMLParser.o: undefined reference to symbol 'XML_SetUserData'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/swati/iCanCloud/omnetpp-4.1/iCanCloud/src'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'XML_SetUserData' is defined in DSO /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command
line
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
make[1]: *** [../out/gcc-debug/src/iCanCloud] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Message has been deleted

Mona Abdullah

Apr 16, 2014, 10:53:07 AM4/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Excuse me I have the same problem can u tell me how did u solve it ?

colour bluz

Jul 20, 2014, 7:43:50 PM7/20/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Winston

Thanx for the information on Omnet and icanCloud,
My problem is with icanCLoud , hopefully someone has met it before, it says

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 22:02:29 UTC+5:30, Winston Hong wrote:
Hello Shawgi.

Thank you very much for your kindly support on my answer to the RG question "Which is the best simulator for cloud computing?".

I failed to reply your message regarding to "<!> Error during startup: Cannot open ini file `omnetpp.ini'." from ResearchGate mailbox yesterday and today. Therefore, I answer your question here.

I give my suggestion on the simulation issue of iCanCloud as follows.
 Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
expected class-name before ‘{’ token    Node.h    /iCanCloud/src/Architecture/Node    line 36    C/C++ Problem

when I open the Node.h file this is line 36
class Node :public cCompoundModule { //this is line 36

protected:

        //**cloud manager parameters*/
         int memoryFree;                                    // Amount of memory free
         int memoryCapacity;                                    // Amount of memory free
         int storageFree;                                   // Amount of storage capacity free
         int storageCapacity;                               // Amount of storage capacity
         int cpusFree;                                        // Number of without use.
         string state;                                      // Node state
         string ip;

hamdani.dhib.eya

Nov 10, 2014, 5:59:09 AM11/10/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Q Ricky,

please, I'm facing the same prb than you. Can you share with us your solution to solve the error message of "CmdEnv" problem.
!thank you in advance
EDH

Hassan Khan

Feb 5, 2015, 5:08:55 AM2/5/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
HI,
I am facing the same problem
" Description Resource Path Location Type
expected class-name before '{' token Node.h /iCanCloud/src/Architecture/Node line 36 C/C++ Problem""

Have you got Solution? If you have got solution kindly share.
Thank you very much.