OSG-Satellite LOS

Nathan Vo

Jun 15, 2018, 5:08:54 PM6/15/18
to OMNeT++ Users
While running the osg-satellite example simulation, I noticed some satellite line of sight calculation are not correct for different orbits. There seems to be a line of sight even when there shouldn't be. How can I fix this?

Thanks.
los.PNG

Attila Török

Jun 18, 2018, 4:47:44 AM6/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

This is interesting... Could you share the exact configuration (of the project) you are running? Also, which operating system do you use, and what's the version of your OSG and osgEarth libraries, furthermore, which OMNeT++ release is this?

Attila

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 11:08 PM Nathan Vo <ndv...@mst.edu> wrote:
While running the osg-satellite example simulation, I noticed some satellite line of sight calculation are not correct for different orbits. There seems to be a line of sight even when there shouldn't be. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Attila Török

Jun 18, 2018, 8:01:30 AM6/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi!

I've been able to reproduce the bug, and it seems that in some cases, the line of sight simply "falls through the cracks" between the neighboring tiles that make up the globe as a mesh.
This is an osgEarth bug, it should be reported to its developers. If there is an option to make it produce some overlap between the tiles in the mesh, we should be able to apply that as an easy workaround, but apart from that I don't think we can do much about this.

Attila

Nathan Vo

Jun 18, 2018, 12:31:56 PM6/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks Attila, that seem to be the case. Looks like I might have to use IdealLoss physical model for my simulation to block satellite signals from going through instead of a LOS filter, DielectricLoss model don't seem to work well no matter what material property I use..

fei yan

Jan 25, 2019, 9:53:31 PM1/25/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi, Nathan Vo
     I have your same problem, Did you solve it?

在 2018年6月16日星期六 UTC+8上午5:08:54,Nathan Vo写道: