Filtering out events

Mattia Maldini

Sep 15, 2017, 5:52:11 AM9/15/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello everyone,
I'm working on a project using the INET framework. In particular I have several mobile nodes communicating though Access points.
In the simulation I'm only interest in events from my own modules, but I have to step through all the inet events as well (Probe requests-responses, connection protocols...). Of course, I can use the "Run until" function, but I'd like to move step by step through my own defined events.
Is there a way to "ignore" a certain set of events in the simulation? Can I silence all INET events altogether? It seems a silly question, but I wasn't able to find an answer by myself.

Thank you,
Mattia Maldini

Michael Kirsche

Sep 15, 2017, 6:44:16 AM9/15/17
to OMNeT++ Users
You can filter out the log outputs for every module in the OMNeT GUI window.
But you cannot "filter" simulation events, how should this work? Events need to be processed, without them, your model probably wouldn't work at all.
When stepping through the code in debug mode, the same applies. How would your model functions be called, when the INET functions are "filtered out"?
So either "silence" the log outputs from all irrelevant modules in the GUI or disable the EV log messages for modules via the omnetpp.ini (whenever available).
Take a look at the OMNeT++ manual to find out more: https://omnetpp.org/doc/omnetpp/manual/#sec:config-sim:logging