802.11n and omnet

Rubén Sans Prieto

Apr 14, 2015, 11:30:38 AM4/14/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I've seen on old topics about the 802. 11n and OMNeT++. I wanted to know if anyone can help me if there is some framework to test it.

Thanks in advance,

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 15, 2015, 5:03:01 AM4/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The integration branch of INET (that will be INET 3.0) already contains 802.11n code. There will be a new preview version (2.99.1) soon, but the head of the integration branch can be also used for experimenting.

Rudolf

Rubén Sans Prieto

Apr 15, 2015, 6:43:41 AM4/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your quick answer

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 15, 2015, 7:26:54 AM4/15/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Rubén Sans Prieto

Apr 22, 2015, 9:41:23 AM4/22/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Can you help me a bit more, because I've been changing the opMode as show me, but once I do the simulation, it gives me an error in the Ieee80211Mac, telling me Invalid opMode = n

Do you have an example with 802. 11n?

Rudolf Hornig

Apr 22, 2015, 11:34:22 AM4/22/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The ieee802.11 mac and error model is a bit half baked for the n mode, but try to add this to your ini file:

**.opMode = "n"
**.bitrate = 600Mbps
**.basicBitrate = -1bps
**.controlBitrate = -1bps
**.errorModelType = ""
**.numAntennas = 4

This configures the card with lowes possible basic and control bitrate for the given bitrate + no error model.

Rubén Sans Prieto

Apr 28, 2015, 10:59:16 AM4/28/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rudolf,

I've made the changes to the file. ini, and I've been able to simulate, the problem is that with the design of two-node in ad-hoc mode inside the module Host client and Host Server, I have the sub module "Ieee80211Nic" that is made up of "Ieee80211Radio" which is where you can modify the Opmode = "n", but it can not be "Ieee80211Mac". Do you know how to make it?

My question is, if I only do the simulation with the changes that I have indicated in the .ini file, the results I get from the simulation are a communication 802. 11n?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Message has been deleted