Stop the simulation

Mani Amoozadeh

Jan 19, 2012, 4:30:40 PM1/19/12
to omnetpp
Hi.

I'm using omnet++ in command-line mode to simulate 100 different runs.
how can I stop the execution of all runs at the same time.
Currently I click on the red square button on the console tab
(Terminate) to stop each of the 100 runs.
It means I have to click on this stop button 100 times !!!!!

Is there any shortcuts to stop running all runs with one click ?

Luca Bedogni

Jan 20, 2012, 4:40:53 AM1/20/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Have a look at sim-time-limit in omnetpp.ini.

Regards

Fung Kwok Chun

Jan 20, 2012, 5:27:50 AM1/20/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Just only set the time limit in your current xxxx.ini, as u said 100 xxxx.ini files! It will automatically stop the stimuation.

Mani Amoozadeh

Jan 22, 2012, 5:07:06 AM1/22/12
to omnetpp
thanks for the reply but this is not what i'm looking for.

assume that I started my simulation and it will take 100 runs to
complete.
suddenly I recognize that I forgot to do sth in my code, so I try to
stop my simulation.
but unfortunately I have to click on the terminate button a lot to
stop all the simulations.
I am looking for a shortcut to stop all simulations at once.

On Jan 20, 11:27 am, Fung Kwok Chun <newmanfung2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just only set the time limit in your current xxxx.ini, as u said 100
> xxxx.ini files! It will automatically stop the stimuation.
> On Jan 20, 2012 5:40 PM, "Luca Bedogni" <lbedo...@cs.unibo.it> wrote:
>

> > Have a look at sim-time-limit in omnetpp.ini.
>
> > Regards
> > Il giorno 19/gen/2012 22:31, "Mani Amoozadeh" <mani.amoozad...@gmail.com>
> > ha scritto:
>
> >> Hi.
>
> >> I'm using omnet++ in command-line mode to simulate 100 different runs.
> >> how can I stop the execution of all runs at the same time.
> >> Currently I click on the red square button on the console tab
> >> (Terminate) to stop each of the 100 runs.
> >> It means I have to click on this stop button 100 times !!!!!
>
> >> Is there any shortcuts to stop running all runs with one click ?

Luca Bedogni

Jan 22, 2012, 7:41:43 AM1/22/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You may want to use cmdenv instead of tkenv perhaps?

Regards

Mrquis Gris

Jun 26, 2013, 3:42:15 AM6/26/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
was there a real answer to the question yet? (but kill each process?)

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 27, 2013, 6:05:11 AM6/27/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Stopping the whole batch used to work in omnet 4.1 but later version if I remember correctly, but some changes in the Eclipse job handling ruined this. At the moment this is a known issue :(

Rudolf

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 27, 2013, 6:07:31 AM6/27/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Ohh and this was reported only on MAC. What opsystem are you using.

Ronnie

Mar 23, 2015, 12:37:01 PM3/23/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I have struggled with the same problem with the newer verisons.
I haven't been able to find a one step function that destroys all the running, and scheduled processes.

I do it like this:
killall -9 opp_run
this command kills all the parallel runs. so on my 8 core server, a batch of 40 runs, i would need to run this command 5 times from the terminal.

Else,
if batch runs are as many as 100runs, i found no other solution than to kill eclipse, and restart :)

hope someone else updates with a better way.

Handril Wulan

Jul 21, 2016, 11:09:09 AM7/21/16
to OMNeT++ Users
what can we do to stop the simulation when a node have received or send a certain number packet? what codes must we insert on ini file for that purpose?