Omnet++ and Vein tutorial "Segmentation Fault; Code 139"

fu...@tcd.ie

Mar 21, 2017, 6:05:20 PM3/21/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I am running OSX El Capitan, Sumo 0.29.0, Omnet 5.0 and Veins 4.5.

I am trying to run the veins tutorial, specifically the final step, but it leads to a segmentation fault (error code 139). I have attached a screenshot of the error state to illustrate the problem.
When I run the tictoc example, it results in the same segmentation fault (error code 139), not sure if there's a correlation between the two, I imagine I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what it is.

I have also tried debugging but the Omnet IDE stops responding when I try to debug either tutorials.
I opted to disable qTenv when I ran 'make', as it was giving me problems. I'm not sure if that's the reason why I'm getting this error but it's the only part I see that I deviated from the tutorial itself.

Sumo itself is working fine on its own also.
If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

Please and thank you,
Wesley
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 21.56.07.png

tyler...@g.ucla.edu

Oct 22, 2017, 5:20:39 PM10/22/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello, I am attempting to install veins and have run into the same issue as you have. Did you ever find a way to fix your issue?